A Thank You Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Charlie_W

Charlie_W

Last summer, my Wonderful Wifey attended a two day pyrography workshop with Cynthia Gibson. After seeing that Cynthia was carrying a hand turned pen and a little conversation, she (Robin), asked me to turn a pen for Cynthia as a thank you for a great workshop experience.
My Wifey purchased a polymer clay blank from Tina Wissen and paired it up with a component set she thought Cynthia would like.

The result is this Napoleon Ballpoint in Black Titanium & Rhodium which goes splendidly with the blank. I turned the blank undersize, applied a built up CA finish and turned the CA to final size.

The pen has been delivered and Cynthia said this surprise made her day!

Attachments

• IMG_2552.jpg
    IMG_2552.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_2550.jpg
    IMG_2550.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_2553.jpg
    IMG_2553.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 245
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Cool blank and hardware combination. I think the CA coating was a good choice and well applied.

I think I need to talk to Mrs. Wissen :wink:

I actually found the blank on Tina's Facebook page. Check it out. Her designs are beautiful.
Thank you Robin. I will do that. I was looking around for the Napoleon and, only found it at WilliamWoodWrite (however it's written) Smitty has the LeRoi Major. Can you tell me where Charlie found the kit?

Krisfiz

Fantastic pen, two questions, are the blanks available in the UK and second as a result of the pyro course do you use this on any pens?

Charlie_W

Fantastic pen, two questions, are the blanks available in the UK and second as a result of the pyro course do you use this on any pens?

Thanks!
A quick Google check did not show any polymer clay pen blanks using UK in the search. You can of course order and have some shipped if the cost is affordable.

As for a pyro pen blank, we just haven't gotten there yet but I have seen some done by others!

Charlie_W

Cool blank and hardware combination. I think the CA coating was a good choice and well applied.

I think I need to talk to Mrs. Wissen :wink:

I actually found the blank on Tina's Facebook page. Check it out. Her designs are beautiful.
Thank you Robin. I will do that. I was looking around for the Napoleon and, only found it at WilliamWoodWrite (however it's written) Smitty has the LeRoi Major. Can you tell me where Charlie found the kit?

Chuck, The pen I used is the Napoleon and I did purchase it from William WoodWrite some time ago.
I since found Smitty's LeRoi Major pens and did order some.
They look identical however, the Napoleons are center twist and the LeRoi Major is a finial twist. Both have Dayacom's name under the clip.
I think Smitty's Gold Ti/ Rhodium is a reverse of the Napoleon in the placement of the finishes on that particular pen.
Hope that helps!

Last summer, my Wonderful Wifey attended a two day pyrography workshop with Cynthia Gibson. After seeing that Cynthia was carrying a hand turned pen and a little conversation, she (Robin), asked me to turn a pen for Cynthia as a thank you for a great workshop experience.
My Wifey purchased a polymer clay blank from Tina Wissen and paired it up with a component set she thought Cynthia would like.

The result is this Napoleon Ballpoint in Black Titanium & Rhodium which goes splendidly with the blank. I turned the blank undersize, applied a built up CA finish and turned the CA to final size.

The pen has been delivered and Cynthia said this surprise made her day!
I love that pen Great job

Top Bottom