Thank you, Neil (wolftat)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DCBluesman

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I tried to buy a couple of coffee bean blanks from Neil so I could make a special order pen. He refused to take my money, sent 3 coffee bean blanks and a 360-degree herringbone blank (which I am still afraid to turn!) Thank you very much, Neil!

attachment.php

Thank you for looking and a special thanks to those who choose to comment and help me improve my pen making!

Attachments

• _DSC0707.jpg
    _DSC0707.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 562
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

HSTurning

Nice job on the pen. What kit is that?
Neil is a good guy. I have one of those blanks that is waiting to be turn for almost a year now. Whats the worst that could happen with the 360? Give it a spin and see how it turns out.

el_d

Looks Good Lou.

What are the white specs that can be seen on the Beans themselves? Are they voids in the bean? Alumilite penertrating the bean?

Looks like the clip isnt seating right. Endcap or optical illusion?

OKLAHOMAN

Neat Retro....

Remember what our friend used to tell us......."it's only wood"............................... so if you turn yours and I'll turn mine....the 360 blank that is:rolleyes:

cnirenberg

I like the styling of that pen. It looks great with the blank, but I'm with Lupe on this one, is it the pic or did the clip slip (small monitor, it's an inheritable mishap)?

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thank you for the feedback, friends.

Yep, the cap was not completely pressed in on this Jr. Retro. As for the white specs, that is either PR or alumilite (you'll have to ask Neil) that penetrated the beans.

And yes, Roy, I'll probably try to turn the 360 this weekend,

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks for sharing Lou . It's a very nice pen . I have been a receipient of Neils generousity myself . When I finally got enough courage in me to turn the 360 , I kept it coated with thin CA and used the skew . No problems , the blank was well constructed . FWIW

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
What are the white specs that can be seen on the Beans themselves? Are they voids in the bean? Alumilite penertrating the bean?.

I cast at a higher pressure than most and if there is any crack, the alumilite can penetrate it. This is not at all suggesting that anyone should attempt to cast at a higher pressure, my equipment is a little different than what most are using. Stay within the limitations of your equipment or you will have a problem.

Pen looks great Lou.
Do not fear the 360, take your time and use plenty of thin CA. If I can turn them, anyone can.

Last edited:
Top Bottom