Thank You Gary (CaptG)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bobleibo

bobleibo

I don't post a lot of pen pics but this one is special...
For a long long time I've wanted a Rolex watch parts pen but every time I looked they were already sold. I happened to mention this to some family members along with the process how they are made.
For Christmas, my daughter and her fiance` surprised me with an authentic Rolex watch face and hands. The moment I opened that box, I knew exactly who I was calling.....Gary Nichols (CaptG), our premier watch blank maker. Off the parts went and in the blink of an eye, I had the blank back and ready to turn. I assure you, knowing I only had one shot at this my entire body was puckered up head to toe and I'm pretty sure I held my breath the entire time. I've never turned a blank so slow in my life. This is the end result and to say I am happy beyond words is an understatement. My photo skills don't do this pen justice. You'll notice the hands are set at 9:08. I took the time all of the kids were born and averaged them out and this is what it came out to. I hope you like it as much as I do.
Thank you Gary, you helped me create a family heirloom!
Bob

Attachments

• watch pen 5.jpg
    watch pen 5.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 263
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

southernclay

That's a great pen, kudos to you both! Great move by the daughter and her soon to be favorite son in law too! Haha

I love it whenever I'm turning something that makes me get out of my routine and makes me think, hold my breath and pucker a bit.

jttheclockman

I think it is still ticking. Have to shake it a few times. They are self winders:)

Nice work. The Capt is the man when it comes to those.

mecompco

That is just amazing--I freakin' love it! A Rolex parts pen is on my (eventual) to do list. Just like a Rolex on your wrist, you will enjoy it every time you pick it up.

Regards,
Michael

bobleibo

Yep, he definitely moved up the list for this one. I might even let him stick around. And no John, I am not shaking the pen to wind it. With my fat clumsy butter fingers I'd end up launching it into the next room.

Thank you everyone. Gary sure made me look good (well, at least a little better).

Top Bottom