Thank You Bill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I made this Lotus pen as a Thank You for my friend Bill MacDonald. Last week Bill drove me to a an appointment at Hamilton General for an angiogram. Bill stayed with me all day and brought me home, it was a long day.

IMG_9089.jpg

Bill is also a racing fan and loves to build F1 cars. This Lotus is one that Colin Chapman did not design (created Lotus in the early 60's), but I hope it's name sake will fit in with the others that he has built.

The pen is a Lotus, a buckeye burl body.

IMG_9092.jpg

Again, Thank You Bill, :)

take care,
Jim

The angiogram went well.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rd_ab_penman

Hi Jim! Beautiful work! I hope to some day do one this nice! I haven't tried a Lotus pen yet! Sure hope mine turns out half as nice as yours when I do one! Hope your tests turn out ok.

Les in Alberta
2007710222034_Alberta.gif
<br />
"What's YOUR Carbon Footprint?"

Jim,
These guys all beat me to the punch, but I would drive you and stay all day for that pen... Buckeye Burl is about the most beautiful of all the woods we do... Everyone I have ever done generally was one of the first to go at a show. Fantastic work.

Let us know how the test went....

Thanks Guys,

I will let you know when I need a drive in for my hip replacement operation[:eek:)]

I love turning buckeye burl, it has a mable like look sometimes...lot's of eye action on this pen, the kit is not that popular with man people and the mix might be too distracting for some people, but for Bill, I needed all the music I could find to let him know that every time he uses it he knows how much I appreaciate what he did for me.

[;)]

The blank is stabilized, MM sanded and then plastic polish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom