Texas Two Step

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woodgraver

woodgraver

Just finished a set of Texas Tru-Quarter pen blanks from Seamus. Took me all of 15 or 20 minutes to finish the pair.

Attachments

• DSC_0064.jpg
    DSC_0064.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 322

D.Oliver

The pair looks great. I think it took me 45 minutes for one. I seem to recall my shop was in the 40's and somehow I was still sweating. I think I measured that blank about 150 times. Take off .005 and remeasure. Those blanks look amazing when they are done, but man they are nerve racking to turn.

woodgraver

I used my woodchuck pen pro with a R2 radius carbide cutter, it produced nothing but ribbons. I took very light cuts, but found that I could move pretty quickly back and forth as I had the cutter angled down below the centerline of the blank, so there really was no danger from my perspective. I've cast my own blanks and had them chip out on me, but I could tell after the first few, very careful, passes that these blanks would turn easily. I always feel like I'm cheating when I use one of the carbide cutter tools, like I didn't fully learn the art of a skew or gouge, but in this case I'm just a happy customer.

Top Bottom