Texas Two step

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

I traded a Texan friend some of my snake skin blanks for some of his Texas flag blanks. The woods are bloodwood, maple, and blue dyed maple. The star is inlaid using a laser to cut the pocket and the inlay. Comments welcome...good, bad, or indifferent. Enjoy.

20072204166_IMG_0615.jpg

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Your pens are so nice, it makes us Virginians want to reel. I find it interesting that we see more Texas flag pens on this site than any other state. The deep blue on the top one is the best color I have seen in a dyed wood. I wonder if you could predict how a dye will take by looking at the wood or if its just luck of the draw. Anyway, nice job.

M

Mudder

Is the top one a pencil?

They look nice Don.

Good choice of kit.

its_virgil

Scott: The top one is a pencil ... Thanks to you ... thanks Scott

Bruce: I think we see more Tex flags because our flag is a simple design and relatively easy to make. The 50-50 bloodwood and maple are the ones that Ron McIntire sells, the blue is from Bill Baumbeck (I think). The bottom pen's blue has an undyed streak running through it which I find often, but the color is usually good and some of the blue ones are really nice like the top one.

Thanks to the rest who commented. I do appreciate your feedback.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Originally posted by Mudder
<br />Is the top one a pencil?

They look nice Don.

Good choice of kit.

PenWorks

Now if you would have turned those on a Sierra Vista, you would have a bigger flag.
I thought everything is bigger in Texas [:D]

Nice pens. Ken said he is working on an AZ flag, can't wait. [:)]

Randy_

When I have seen that pen done in the past, the star is toward the end of the pen. Can't decide if I prefer one orientation over the other?? Regardless, it is a good looking pen and should be a good seller......everywhere except in Oklahoma!![:D][:D]

Tanner

Beautiful Don!! The finish looks pretty darn good too. I can't wait for the Arizona flag design, but what I'm really waiting for is the one fror North Dakota.[:0]

its_virgil

Naw Frank, That's the "Tijuana Two Step", the Texas Two Step is a dance, I think! Thanks for the compliment.[:D]
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Rifleman1776
<br />The pens are terrific. A big "WELL DONE".
However, your choice of topic title is unfortunate.
Isn't the 'Texas Two Step' a euphemism for diarrhea? [:0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom