Texas Tru

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from plano_harry

plano_harry

When I first saw Seamus's Texas Tru-Quarter, I said I have got to have one some day. Maybe I could make one if I bought a better saw and the right blades and practiced long hours, and solved other unknowns. I almost won one that he had donated in a chapter blank swap. The lucky guy that got it didn't even know what it was! :rolleyes:

Well, when Seamus ran a clearance sale the other day, my will power collapsed and I ordered one. I started turning it last night about 11. I wanted to turn it pretty flat. It was looking good, then I got nervous and decided to send Seamus a PM to see how much headroom I had, knowing he was probably on IAP late at night. I waited 3 minutes for a response then went back to turning. (it took him 8 minutes to respond!) Anyway I went down to .02 in over the bushing at the thick part of the coin with no problem. Probably could have gone flat, but I like a little curve to match the hardware. Now I have my own Texas Tru-Quarter -- until someone comes along with a lot money! :tongue:

Harry

Attachments

• Texas Quarter S.jpg
    Texas Quarter S.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 269
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

Harry, that pen looks fabulous!!! Very well done

Ya' done a good job, Harry!

See you at the turn-a-thon Saturday?

What about you Seamus?

Every year comes and goes and for some reason there is always something going on(appts, parties, reunions, etc) when most of the good events are happening. Unfortunately I will not be able to make yet another turn-a-thon, we are having our twins sons birthday party tomorrow or I would have been driving down tomorrow with Don Ward.:frown:

turn some stuff for me!:wink:

Top Bottom