Texas Trinity

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

Spalted Pecan, Mesquite and Texas Ebony glue up on 8mm Designer (Parker refill). This is part of a 30 pen Christmas order for a dentist in Texas. She wanted all native Texas woods. I didn't feel like just doin all 30 pens in either of the three woods, so I'm breaking up the monotony by doing a few of these as well. They will all be laser engraved.

20059518459_des_texas_trinity1.jpg

And another view of the same pen so you can see the other woods in the lower barrel.

200595184628_des_texas_trinity2.jpg

Sorry about the wash out. It seems I always get that when I don't use one of my pen rests and I can't figure out why. All the settings are the same. You get the general idea anyway.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Billy,

You are getting the hang of it.

By the way...I do have more spalted Pecan...not the red spalt but if you are interested, I can email you some pics. [;)]

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I like that one better than the first.
Do you mind if I do a variation on it?
BTW the Cherry walnut one I told you I was working on was a dud.
Try a 3 wood spiral segment for your customer.

alamocdc

Thanks again, all! Anthony, I almost had a stroke when she placed the order. I just couldn't believe it. They are to be gifts for other area dentists and doctors, so I have to make sure and do my best work. Might lead to future sales. [:D]

Alan, just keep practicing. Only yesterday I had to turn a Cherry w/Walnut inlay off the tubes because it didn't turn out right. Sometimes you get it right, sometimes you don't. When you find a technique that works, you'll remember it. [;)]

chigdon

It is a surprisingly nice combination. If it weren't for the clients requests of wood this attractive combination probably would have never happened. Nice work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom