Texas Oak Burl Statesman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mrburls

mrburls

Here is a piece of Texas Oak Burl wood I used on a full size Statesman. Got this piece of oak from a fellow turner at Curtis's place when we had our last Central Texas get together. He had dropped off a giant oak burl for Curtis to cut up for him.

Has beautiful burling all the way around and finished with CA.

Keith "mrburls"

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 399
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
If you are talking about the giant burl pieces out under the tree in front of the shop that was here already, that is Spanish Oak. Those huge burls belong to me and Nick, the fellow that gave you the blank (if that is the one you are talking about). I still have not cut up much of that but that is the material I am using on some of my Texas Hybrid blanks. Great looking pen, BTW!

mrburls

If you are talking about the giant burl pieces out under the tree in front of the shop that was here already, that is Spanish Oak. Those huge burls belong to me and Nick, the fellow that gave you the blank (if that is the one you are talking about). I still have not cut up much of that but that is the material I am using on some of my Texas Hybrid blanks. Great looking pen, BTW!

Hi Curtis, Maybe it was Nick. We were talking about that big oak burl in front of your shop and he said here is a sample of a few he cut off.

Not sure now, But it is BEAUTIFUL stuff.

Keith "mrburls"

ctubbs

Beautiful timber and fit and finish is outstanding. The choice of pen set is perfect for the timber. Congratulations on a fine pen.
Charles

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator

Hi Curtis, Maybe it was Nick. We were talking about that big oak burl in front of your shop and he said here is a sample of a few he cut off.

Keith "mrburls"

Yep, that was Nick and it is indeed Spanish Oak Burl. I actually cut those for Nick a few days before.

phillywood

Keith "mrburls"

Yep, that was Nick and it is indeed Spanish Oak Burl. I actually cut those for Nick a few days before.

Curtis, is it just that type of oak that looks like that (spanish) or is it that particular burl that you had laying around up fornt of the shop?

Top Bottom