Texas Mountain Laurel

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario

Here is Platinum Jr Gent Twist pen with TX Mountain Laurel courtesy of Mesquiteman. Thanks Curtis!

200672825310_060704a.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

What do you prefer...aligned while open or aligned while closed?

I usually do aligned while closed but it doesn't help my pics any.

very nice pen,if Berea could make their Oxford for Woodcraft with this nice a finish, it would do better. It has a similar bullet tip and is slimmer, but the finish always wears off.

and i like mine lined up closed.

mrcook4570

Excellent work!

I align closed. When open (in use) people won't see much of the bottom half of the pen, so alignment isn't very critical there.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Beautiful piece of wood, and the finish is great. I also align my pens closed as well. I figure most of the time someone is carrying or showing their pen off, they have the pen closed.

Dario

Woke up this morning with an email asking to reserve this (as well as the Black TN Jr Gent II FP in Chittam Burl). [^]

This TX Mt. Laurel pen is one of the fastest selling pen I've made. [:)]

This is a good week!!!

GBusardo

Dario, Pen looks great! I had no idea mt laurel had such nice coloring and grain. I can see why its a top seller for you. Thanks for sharing the picture. Got to get into the woods up in North Jersey and bring my pruner. [}:)]
Gary

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Gary,

I don't think you can expect the same results. I am the one the turned Dario on to Tx Mt. Laurel and have been messing with it for a while now. The Texas Mt. Laurel is also know as Mescalbean and is not the same as the Mt. Laurel you have up there. Your Mt. Laurel is in the Ericaceae family while the Mescalbean is in the Fabaceae family. I am not into taxonomy but I believe this tells us that the 2 are not even related. Also, the piece that Dario used for that pen was from the root rather than the limbs. The roots have the best color and look quite different then the limb wood.

Dario, nice pen BTW!

Dario

John,

It is a mix.

This guy found me through another website...I don't know which. He contacted me through my website email asking to buy some Texas Ebony. He is local and arranged to visit. After buying some wood, we talked about my pens on his way out. I ended up showing him some. He didn't buy them yet but emailed me the following morning reserving 2 pens to be picked up after I swap the FP nib to a Rollerball. [:)]

The TX Mountain Laurel sold itself...it has much better rich colors in person.

Dario

John,

My site is very new but I would say it already helped me. I wouldn't have sold the last 5 I did if not for it.

All my buyers are local so far but having the site helped me market the pens before showing them the actual pens which I seldom bring due to heat in Texas.

My advise is to give it a try. SikeKreator is free so you won't have much to loose. Domain names can be had for less than $10.00 for a year so initial investment, other than your time, is minimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom