See more from kiddo

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiddo

No, that's not me...

2007212231828_showoff2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kevin_f

Are you going to do a group buy on the pen holder?? I would be interested in one. Of course, the LOML would probably not agree. But then, if I ask her if I could buy one of these pen holders and then say I would take a new lathe as a second choice, I may get that lathe!

Seriously, what wood did you use and how did get the ATM white? I was going to do an aggie pen for a neighbor's daughter who is graduating in May. Have done a Texas Tech in bloodwood and double T lasered on, looked great.

Thanks,

Kevin

Marc Phillips

Originally posted by Stevej72
<br />Nice work, kiddo. I'm working on the US Coast Guard pen using blood wood and white and blue acrylic laminate.

Being a retired Coast Guard Chief Boatswains Mate, I am REALLY looking forward to see that pen!!

Ptolemy

Really nice shape and good lines. I also like the positioning of the Texas A&M logo. I don't think I would have thought to center it like that but the location really creates a better accent and highlights the details better.

lwalden

Originally posted by kevin_f
<br />Are you going to do a group buy on the pen holder?? I would be interested in one. Of course, the LOML would probably not agree. But then, if I ask her if I could buy one of these pen holders and then say I would take a new lathe as a second choice, I may get that lathe!

Seriously, what wood did you use and how did get the ATM white? I was going to do an aggie pen for a neighbor's daughter who is graduating in May. Have done a Texas Tech in bloodwood and double T lasered on, looked great.

Thanks,

Kevin
Bill Baumbeck's burgundy dyed maple, laser engraving filled with Laser Bits white colorfill.

lwalden

Originally posted by Ptolemy
<br />Really nice shape and good lines. I also like the positioning of the Texas A&M logo. I don't think I would have thought to center it like that but the location really creates a better accent and highlights the details better.
I've also done another of this pen with the ATM larger, and centered on the upper barrell. In the format where it's smaller and closer to the clip, you can have a name and class year engraved behind it (bubba gump '97)

angboy

You men are just so predictable! (Not to mention superficial!) [:D][:D] Now as soon as Kiddo does one that shows a hot guy, I'll retract my accusations! [}:)]

lwalden

Originally posted by angboy
<br />You men are just so predictable! (Not to mention superficial!) [:D][:D] Now as soon as Kiddo does one that shows a hot guy, I'll retract my accusations! [}:)]
you left out "and easy to manipulate".....[:D][:D]

kent4Him

<br />You men are just so predictable! (Not to mention superficial!) [:D][:D] Now as soon as Kiddo does one that shows a hot guy, I'll retract my accusations! [}:)]

He probably does not know what a hot guy looks like. I know that I don't.

angboy

Originally posted by kent4Him
<br />

Well I know one when I see one. So Kiddo could just throw a few up there and I could judge! Here's a few things to look for to start: about 6', no beard (goatee/mustache is fine), dark hair (distiguished grey is OK, just not blond or red hair), muscular arms... OK, think I'll stop there! [:p][:p]

kiddo

<br />
Originally posted by kent4Him
<br />

Well I know one when I see one. So Kiddo could just throw a few up there and I could judge! Here's a few things to look for to start: about 6', no beard (goatee/mustache is fine), dark hair (distiguished grey is OK, just not blond or red hair), muscular arms... OK, think I'll stop there! [:p][:p]

When I get a little time here I'll do some Beefcake just for you.

Kiddo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom