Texas Ebony Long Clicker

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brotherdale

OZturner

Nice Pen Dale,
Excellent "Texas Ebony" Blank,
Beautiful Profile, and Fit.
The WTF is nice, but it doesn't have much depth, I think a couple of coats of CA, or a Finish with some Clear Depth, would have made the Blank Pop.
Unfortunately with a Click Pen, it is not practical to dis-assemble, and remount to refinish.
Congratulations.
Brian.

1080Wayne

I think the satin finish is perfect for dark woods . Shiny finishes can totally hide the colour variation in the wood grain . Bog oak is one of the worst offenders .

If you have another blank , try it on another click kit , use a CA finish , and see which you like best . Show us a picture of the two , and tell us which sells first .

Brotherdale

Thanks for the input. Since I don't really sell pens I am always just making my next pen to carry. I make what I like and not what appeals to most people. My plan for this one was to not use a finish at all. This stuff is very hard and dense like desert ironwood so I hoped that just polishing would get what I wanted. When it didn't I tried the WTF.
Many pens that I make are disassembled and modified. After I carry this one for a week or two I may decide to refinish it with CA.

Top Bottom