Texas Bluebonnet Jr Gent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bree

Bree

Here is one of Curtis' Texas Bluebonnet blanks on a Jr Gent kit. Tube and inner blank painted with Model Master Old's Engine Blue. Because of the organic material exposed I heavily layered this with CA/BLO. The flash photography tends to hide some of the 3D gloss of the CA. Sorry team!

sCIMG5446.jpg sCIMG5448.jpg sCIMG5449.jpg

OK I'm outta her for a week! We'll see what y'all have to say about this when I get back!
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

David Keller

That's a very nice looking pen. It reminds me of deep water photographs for some reason. It would be interesting to see what these blanks look like with different colors of background painting. Enjoy your trip.

bitshird

Nice job Bree, I still haven't done the one I got fro Curtis for my wife's birthday, or was it for our anniversary. Enjoy a week away, if it's on a Bike,

phillywood

Hey Bree, i a msure you have seen that commercial about Texas Salsa made in NY. but i gotta hand it to you, you did a great job with our Texas State Blue bonnet blank. I am proud of you for being New Yorkan and keeping our heritage looking good. Great Job, and we may award you with a Texas hot sause too. LOL:party:

Bree

Thx guys. I had a lot of trouble with this one. Had to disassemble the bottom completely and the end cap coupler would not come out. The epoxied tube came out first after seemingly endless tapping. I had to use a second kit to complete it last night.

So now it's up on the Wide Glide and off to the Blue Ridge Mountains. Have fun guys and gals!!
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Mark

You have a very elegant looking pen right there.

Enjoy your vacation time and the Blue Mountains.... I love going for long rides in the mountains. Closest to me is Scranton or Wilkes-barre areas. Take care..

Top Bottom