Tetra in Desert Ironwood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Penultimate

Penultimate

Greetings

I wanted a new tablet stylus for note taking so I got a Tetra with the conductive fabric stylus. The blank is desert ironwood with a bit of sap wood for contrast. I finished it with Woodturners finish and two coats of CA for a little durability.

The stylus is OK except I expected the substrate to be solid. It feels like the fabric was stretched over a hollow rubber stylus. I hoped that the writing feel would be like writing with a felt tip. If you press too hard you can depress the tip enough so that the metal touches the tablet. I might buy the replacement tips and see if I can modify it. My note app responds perfect to the tip and the size isn't so big it is hard to see what you wrote.

Thanks for looking, questions and comments appreciated.

Attachments

• PB210174.jpg
    PB210174.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 277
  • PB210178.jpg
    PB210178.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 221
  • PB210138.jpg
    PB210138.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 251
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

It's definitely supposed to be mesh like that not solid. Shouldn't be much need to push it to the metal.

I like the ironwood. Nice to see another tetra. I have a few to make.

Not a fan of the reversed clip ascetically but I can see why it might be ok functionally.

Nice pen. I like the looks if this hardware but also am not sure about the reverse clip. I suppose it is much better for the stylus but not so good for the pen. But if it were reversed it would be not so good for the stylus and better for the pen so I guess you really cannot win on this one. Still a beautiful pen great job and nice hardware too.

Top Bottom