Testing an idea

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from VisExp

VisExp

I didn't have any worthless wood, so I made some :D This was my first attempt at casting. Sierra dressed in Siberian Elm Burl double cast Alumilite.

As always, your comments/critiques are appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

ACT_6548small.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
Holy Cow! Leave it you you to complicate casting into proper segmentation, Keith! :D

That is absolutely beautiful!

I've been considering how you pulled it off, and then I realized that I don't wanna know! hehe...I'm going to stick to swirls and worms! Great work.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Keith , I don't know Jack S... about casting or segmenting . But , I do know a beautiful pen , when I see one . You nailed this one friend ! Thanks for sharing ! [8D]

Texatdurango

Originally posted by VisExp

As always, your comments/critiques are appreciated.

Well, I'm way out here all alone in left field with my opinion... Your work is really nice but I just think the blank is way too busy, especially with the black and gold of the kit. Perhaps in another kit I would think differently.

MobilMan

A lot going on on that one, but it is beautiful. I've sat here 5min. now wondering 'Howd the heck he do something like that?' Had to have been a lot of work--but worth it.

Grizz

Banned
Wow, that is really cool. And some great possibilites when varying the colors/woods.... etc.

gerryr

I'm not sure I like the colors, but the work is excellent. Do that with Holly and you can probably sell them all day around July 4.:D

airrat

Nice job on it I agree I think it would look good in other colors but your work is to be commended. You got a number of people scratching their heads. :D

VisExp

Thank you for the comments everyone.

It is a test piece and I think the idea is worth pursuing further. I would like to refine the concept some more. Thinner segments, different colors. I'm not all that crazy about the colors myself, but that is a result of my inexperience with casting. Hopefully over time I can improve on that. Although Gerry does raise a good point about 4th of July :)

Thanks again for looking and for taking the time to comment.

angboy

Gosh you disappear for awhile and this is what you come back to?? I don't even know who this new guy is and he's posting amazing pens like this? :) I'm quite impressed.

Top Bottom