Testimonial for River Ridge Prods !

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

Just when I thought I finally had a couple days off from the shop, I recieve my blanks I sent Steve at River Ridge Prods to have stabilized. :)

So I couldn't wait to pick thru the 50 I sent him and I picked the toughest turning blanks I had. To see how good his process is. [}:)]

The first is a spalted spotted yellow birch. I issually would scrap 3 blanks to get 1 pen. I love this stuff, but so soft and flakey. There is a before and after of the blank stabilization. 1 for 1 last night and a dream to turn & finish :)

Test 2, cross cut marble maple, just as tuff to turn and get a finished pen. Again 1 fo 1 last night.

Had it not been for being a member IAP & Wayne highly recomending Steve to me, It would have been a long time before I would revist the pen blanks I turned last night.

I rate River Ridge Prducts, www.rrpwhite.com 5 stars, for quality of process and the excellant service from Steve & Carole, Thank you.

2004122114553_DSC00012.jpg

20041221145527_DSC00014.jpg

PS. I can appreciate all the chemists & tinkerers, out there, wanting to stabilize your own blanks. But if you are not one of those or do not have the time. Give your self a break, for only a dollar a blank, it is the best money you will ever spend. :D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Yeh, Fred, I guess he would be a good market for the Dymond wood. I was going to buy some from him, but didn't take the time to go thru everything he had. I was interested in the stabiliazation.

Just sold the birch pen allready !

Gary, If you are patient, I am working on a program to offer a variety of pen cases for sale. I havn't got it figured out yet. But it is on the top of my list. Anthony

Efletche

That is beautiful. The spalted spotted yellow birch kind of looks like Leopard fur in the finished product.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I love those barrels, Anthony...especially the spalted spotted yellow birch. I've not seen anything like that before. Thanks for sharing.

patrick_1853

Those cases look similar to some Arizona Silhouhette has on their website. But I just pulled them up and they are a little diffent. Most noticeably, the color is a darker brown on yours Anthony.

Patrick

PenWorks

Patrick, For the money, you can't beat Bill's cases in tan or black for 3.00, The one in my photo are AMI and retail for single 35.00 double 40.00 tripple 45.00, Anthony

WoodChucker

Anthony, It looks like you were up late making pens again, hey? I like the time I spend in the shop late at night, no one around, I crank up the music and I'm in my own little world. I must say those are some beautiful pens your making, you do have a talent for this stuff. Great job and keep up the good work!

R.T.

PenWorks

Thanks RT. but those were the new kits you ordered I put together for you [:D] I took my old stereo system and it is in the music room next to my shop. I got a Carver 500 watt amp , pushing my old JBL 100's and it doesn't get much better than that. [:p] Anthony, I am shipping your kits today.

WoodChucker

Well you can put my kits together anytime if they all look that good. But I'll take credit for them. [:D] That's some sound system you got there, all I have in my shop is an old car radio hooked up to a DC power supply and two 9" car speakers that I made speaker boxes for. But it really sounds pretty good for what it is. Maybe we can work out a trade if you throw in a few pens? [:D]

R.T.

Gary

Anthony...I can wait. I have some run of the mill cases, but those in your photos looked particularly nice.

PenWorks

I am hoping Galco leather Co, is going to make me some. The owner is a big guitar freak and spends allot at my brother's guitar store. He is supose to be in this week and I will get a chance to show him what I want. Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom