Test Photo #2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolf creek knives

View in Gallery

So here's a couple of pens from early on. This was a test to see if I, actually my wife, could get the pictures attached. More to come I'm sure These are made using Rocky Mountain Maple that I harvested from my property and then stabilized with CJ. Rocky Mountain Maple is really a big bush with limbs, no trunk, that get to be around 3-4" in diameter. It grows wild on the property and loves the creek that runs by our cabin. Comments and critique are welcome. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Pen 4.jpg
    Pen 4.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Tom:

Looking good.

So how did your ice cream scoops turn out?

Cheers

Charlie

Hi Charlie. Thanks for the compliment on the pens. I think my wife has figured it out and now needs to teach me how.
Haven't done much with the scoops. About this time every year I think I'm going to try something new then I get slammed with orders. 9 knives and two big orders for a bunch of turned stuff that headed to Hawaii. I'm hoping to get one done by this weekend. And thank you very much for turning me on to the scoops at Woodcraft. Much better than the ones from PSI! I talked with my friend last night and he told me you two were getting together after the first of the year. Dave's a great guy and I think you'll get along great. I will say one thing though, Dave and I have often times been told we look like brothers, my sister in law always got confused when we were together. But..I'm the better looking brother.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hi Tom:

You and wifey may be aware of these, but I recently discovered them.

After uploading pictures to your photo album; then when inserting them into your thread, at the very top of that selection page there is a box of options ("As"), the default is medium size and some links. But you have several others to choose from.

Also, if you want the picture centered, you can do this by highlighting your pictures after it is inserted and use the center orientation option right below the "font" choice box above. I apologize for not knowing the correct computer terms.

I like your pens and picture.

Examples.

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Last edited:
Thanks for the info and compliment Mark, it is appreciated. And don't worry about computer terms, after retiring I made a vow to get disconnected with all the computer and cell phone stuff. I think I've forgotten, or just don't care anymore, about all the changes that took place in the last 5 years. It might have been a mistake, but oh well, live and learn. If I get stuck I can call my friend, Cali-co or my son and they can help me out. Thanks again.

Woodchipper

Nice pens and love the fly fishing theme pen. I'm a fan of any kind of maple. The photos are good and clear. BTW, are there trout in the creek? :smile-big::smile-big:
My 11 yo grandson is the computer guru in the family. He now spends half a day at church learning and working the AV system.

Nice pens and love the fly fishing theme pen. I'm a fan of any kind of maple. The photos are good and clear. BTW, are there trout in the creek? :smile-big::smile-big:
My 11 yo grandson is the computer guru in the family. He now spends half a day at church learning and working the AV system.

No trout right now. The creek runs by our cabin for only about 5 months. But further down on the property it runs year round, but no fish. I do have a secret spot but...it's secret. I do live just 12 miles from the Missouri river and my wife and I are talking about getting a boat. If you're ever out my way, let me know and we'll go for some big ones. Right now all that comes up the creek are Deer and Bear when they're in the area. Our son's the guru in the family. He got out of the Navy, got his act together and got a BS in Information Technology. He now works as a director at a computer firm in Iowa...and he loves it.
I'm going to be stabilizing some more maple soon and I'll keep you in mind and see if I can't get some sent your way. Thanks for the complements- Tom

Nice pens. Is that a Slimline I see? You should have saved it for the:

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f18/bash-slimline-contest-157472/

It is a slimline and thank you for the compliment. This pen has a story behind it. I had a propane heater put in my shop this last summer and the installer who did it made mention that he was in hot water because he forgot his wife's birthday. So he was probably going to go home to a very upset wife. So, to help him out I gave him this pen for his wife's birthday with explicit instructions that if she asked he was to tell her it was a custom pen made from Rocky Mountain Maple and it cost him a bunch. I stopped by the propane company a few weeks later to pay the bill and he came flying out of his chair to thank me for the pen. He told his wife the story behind it like instructed and he was forgiven for his misdeeds from earlier.

Nice pens Tom! I love it when you can make something from your own backyard. Pretty cool!

Thanks Bobby, I just finished stabilizing a load of Service Berry and it came out pretty nice. I've got a pen I'll need to make here pretty soon and once done I'll post it and you'll be able to see the wood. Thanks again.

Top Bottom