Ten 50 Cals for my Troops!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wiset1

wiset1

I make these 50 Caliber pens to hand out to my Soldiers who stand out and do great things each and every day. I just turned these 10 over the weekend to hand out next week to some deserving troops.

Material starting from lower left: Blue Aqua Pearl (PSI), Scarlet Rose Lucite (Exotics), Cocobolo Wood, Blue Tru-Stone (Exotics), Green Tru-Stone (Exotics), Black Aqua Pearl (PSI), Metalic Gold Resin (Exotics), Metalic Bronze Resin (Exotics), Phantom Mist Lucite (Exotics), Burl Resin mix from Eugene.

5650277912_e9beaacafd_z.jpg

Larger images can be seen on my Flickr site!

:usflag:

Thanks for looking

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

So true! These Soldiers bust their hump every day and a little thing like this helps to keep them going. The funny thing is that I've had fellow NCO's ask to buy a couple and I have to tell them "Sorry, but NO." It needs to remain special and if I start selling them it takes away the impact of a job well done.

Thanks for the feedback!

wiset1

Great job Tim, never forget where you came from in the ranks and you will go a long ways. Who knows, might just catch a hop and come see the country side again.

Sounds good Sergeant Major! I've been here 17 years now...I did 9 years AF, 4 Reserve, then came active Army and after AIT they sent me right back here. In about 2 months I'll be going to WHCA which is a great step up for my family and I. As time allows I'll keep doing what I do and as noted...remembering where I came from. It's always good to give back when you can:biggrin:

Take care and best wishes!

wiset1

I have been wannting to try one of those. is a kit avable somewhere if you already have the shells?

PSI sells them for like $6.45 or something with discounts for more purchased. Not sure if there's another kit out there, but I'm sure there is with some research. I've picked mine up from PSI since the price was good.

These are my steps: I put the brass in my pen chuck and mandrel saver and do the micro pads up to 12000 and then the one step plastic polish and it shines them up like new! If you stick with resins and lucites you can simply micro sand and polish the projectile as well and do a LOT of these in a single day. I just measure out 1.5" of material, block the ends and turn away. REALLY easy to do these pens!:biggrin:

Top Bottom