Templar Cross

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it this A.M. From Exotic Blanks, it's another beautiful creation by Jeff Powell called the Templar Cross. It's on a Black Titanium Jr. Gentleman. It's really nicer in person because you can really see the depth and iridescence of the gold swirls that I couldn't capture as well in the picture. I made this for a graduation gift for a young lady who after seeing some of my pens and this cross wanted some particular specifications for her pen. She wanted a postable pen in a non postable length. She didn't want the "bulge" in the pen and wanted a straighter profile. She wanted the cross a little higher on the cap than where I usually put it. So I obliged. The pen looks a little strange to me. However, I understood coming from a petite individual with small hands wanting a pen like this. I have one more of these blanks and... I can do that one my way.:rolleyes:. Comments welcome but most of all thanks for taking the time to look. Have a great day. Doc:)

Attachments

• Templar Cross_2.jpg
    Templar Cross_2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 220
  • Templar Cross_1.jpg
    Templar Cross_1.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 162
  • Templar Cross.jpg
    Templar Cross.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 207
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

Now that's what I'm talking about! I love this blank!!! Great work Doc...now I have to pick up a couple of these when Jeff posts some more.

workinforwood

That came out spectacular Doc! How do you like the simple combo of the black and gold? Do you think something like an amethyst, gold, emerald would look better..more like French royalty, or just too busy?

wizard

That came out spectacular Doc! How do you like the simple combo of the black and gold? Do you think something like an amethyst, gold, emerald would look better..more like French royalty, or just too busy?

Jeff, Thanks for the kind words. With regard to your question, I really like the simple and regal nature of the black and swirling gold and with it's iridescence seems to symbolize the mystery and richness of the Templar's traditions and lore. Anything else, in my humble opinion, would be too busy. Regards, Doc:)

firewhatfire

I have been eyeing those blanks for some time. I wondered when I would see one pop up here. You seem to have gotten all the best parts of it to show.

Looks great

Phil

Top Bottom