Tempests

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gregory Hardy

Gregory Hardy

I had been purchasing pieces and parts from Beaufort Ink in the pursuit of moving away from kits for a while. I still love kit pens - though I am selective about the ones I like to make - but the challenge of cutting some threads and doing a little extra math has been good for me. (I haven't given up on that, but on to the subject at hand.)

I spend a lot of time on the Beaufort site and kept coming back to the available kits. I finally grabbed a few in my last order, and am thrilled. Two were Tempest kits...and I usually stay away from click pens. This one is done with gold and an acrylic blank ("lava something-or-other" from Penn State). The reviews you folks have written about the quality of parts was no exaggerated, and I will certainly be purchasing more of these from Beaufort Ink. (Thanks, Phil Dart!)

View in Gallery

This is the same kit in chrome on ebony with a CA finish...

View in Gallery

Burb

I need to try a couple of those kits. I'm still looking for a good, economical click pen. Though I'd prefer a single tube pen.

Hubert H

Gregory,

Nice pens and you did a really nice job with them. I have used the MISTRAL PEN KITS from Beaufort Ink - both fountain and rollerball. I have been happy with all of them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom