Tempest with Figured Pink Ivory

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PatrickR

PatrickR

I've been liking contrasting caps recently so worked up these two. Also tried a little different shaping. Going for more of a one piece look vs cap on body.
Pink Ivory with Holly and Pink Ivory with Ebony.
7be3b67e054aaba8229e2b70a0fd6a28.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PatrickR

Thanks for the compliments.
Thanks for your opinion Frank. It's good to know when something isn't as pleasing to others as to yourself. Got me thinking, maybe I'll do one in just PI and one in Holy.
the PI is a joy to turn and I kind of like the smell of it.

PenPal

Patrick you have done it again with magnificent picture and absolutely flawless finishing.

I am not used to two toning much but the significance of your penmaking did not escape me.

The way you brought the lower half to the centre is exactly how I feel a pen should be,no step down from the cap.

Next you will devastate me and tell me the pic was made on your cell phone.

Outstanding results again.

Kind regards Peter.

PatrickR

Thank you very much Peter.
I'm quite happy with the profile also, pleasing to the eye and feels good in hand.
Well, yes it was an iPhone. Ive found an overcast day works pretty well where I take them. Honestly I don't get too absorbed with finishing. 360 grit, 500 grit, Novus #3 and Novus #2.

Woodchipper

Nice pens- turning and finish are tops! My wife has suggested the two contrasting materials. "Yes, dear. Anything you say."

builtbybill

Patrick,

These pens look great, especially how you shaped the body to match the cap diameter. Do you happen to have, or can you get, a photo with the cap removed so I can get an idea of how you did it? The different diameters are the only thing that is keeping me from trying this pen.

Thanks,

Bill

Curly

I carry one with me that I made 6 months ago. Click is still like it was when new.

Disclaimer. Marla Makes blanks for the two suppliers of the Tempest.

Top Bottom