Tell me what you think...maple with knot

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woodscavenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodscavenger

I was playing around after seeing the lamination games people were playing. I made a quick jig for my chop saw to cut the angle while safely holding the small cutoffs. It worked pretty good. This is my first attempt at the knot.

I drilled off center and screwed it up a bit. Also the pic guard is a bit (OK a whole lot) busy but it was the only thin stuff I had handy.

DSC02225.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Deere41h

Hey Shane that is really cool. For some reason I think you like working with pick guard. I like the way it turned out. Thanks for sharing it with us.

dubdrvrkev

I don't think the pickguard is busy at all. It looks great. That design work really well with that kit also. What kit BTW?
That is what I wanted to use as a CB on my last experiment but I don't have any and didn't want to wait to order it.

PenWorks

Great workmanship on the knot Shane. I just don't think it looks right. I mean if the material would have been wood, would have looked better. The balance isn't there. JMO

woodscavenger

Thanks for the comments. All are well appreciated. I thought about putting it in the top barrel but changed my mind for no particular reason.

It is the 7mm Roundtop streamline

Anthony, I consider it 2nd in my maple/picguard series but do wish that it would have been wood. I am working on getting some think stuff to play with.

thanks for looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom