Teaser Completed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hewunch

hewunch

I gave a teaser of this pen last week. Here is the completed project. (here is the link to the other thread) http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=56236&highlight=teaser

Jr. Retro kit with custom button on the finial, closed end. I hope I did it proud.

eaglecrosssm.jpg

eaglecross2sm.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

Great looking pen Hans. I think Eagle would have really like it that way. From what I hear, he liked simple kits for his pens. I feel the same way myself. A simple kit style allows the blank to be the focus of your attention. Your button is a nice touch too.

jttheclockman

Yes you did it up proudly. I am sure Eagle is smiling down on that one. Great work on a fantastic blank. Thanks for showing.

How did the inlay come out. I think he was leaving his rececessed, did yours come out even with the rest of the blank???

hewunch

Yes you did it up proudly. I am sure Eagle is smiling down on that one. Great work on a fantastic blank. Thanks for showing.

How did the inlay come out. I think he was leaving his rececessed, did yours come out even with the rest of the blank???

John, this was an actual Eagle blank, made by the man himself, not me. I have one in wood that is slightly recessed, also made by him. When I got this one, it was already round. Thanks for the kind words one and all!

VisExp

Nicely done Hans. That must have been a nail biter! The final is a nice touch and balances the pen nicely. The original black finial would really have looked out of place on that pen.

hewunch

Nicely done Hans. That must have been a nail biter! The final is a nice touch and balances the pen nicely. The original black finial would really have looked out of place on that pen.

Right there with you Keith, it just didn't look right.

Top Bottom