Team Hydra's CCC Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Sylvanite

Sylvanite

Remember the Creative Collaborative Challenge? Well, the pens were handed back to the teams (who attended) the MAPG. I got to take home Team Hydra's entry.

Here is a picture of it:

attachment.php

This pen was interesting to make, because the team members pushed ourselves to go beyond what we had attempted before. The result is a pen that I don't think any of us could have produced individually.

I'll let the others in the team chime in to describe their contributions.

Enjoy,
Eric

Attachments

• CCC1.jpg
    CCC1.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 724
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hard hat

Great work and amazing pictures! Everyone should know that no matter the quality of the picture, it cannot do this pen justice.

The hood covers most of the nib and creates a different look. I put a small notch in the hood to mark the tip. It is a little different writing with one. It has a #5 nib inside it.

Sylvanite

I find the clip very interesting how was that produced?
I made the clip. I bent a piece of 1/16" stainless steel rod to shape and then wrapped/tied red and black thread around the form in a pattern that spirals up the clip. I finished it with CA glue. It took several tries with different materials, different colors and diameter of thread, and different knots to arrive at this one.

I hope that helps,
Eric

Carl Fisher

Is there a normal front section design under the hood that houses the feed and the hood just slip fit over it?

I've never used a hooded pen so I'm still trying to figure out how the mechanics of accessing the feed/nib assembly work within the hood.

Is there a normal front section design under the hood that houses the feed and the hood just slip fit over it?

I've never used a hooded pen so I'm still trying to figure out how the mechanics of accessing the feed/nib assembly work within the hood.

Yes the "normal" front section has threads on it and the hood is threaded on to it. This was my first one so that is how I did it. Not sure if there is a "proper" way.

Brooks803

Amazing work all of you! I got to see and hold this pen while at the MAPG. It really is beautiful. Chris, the Urushi finish is breath taking! It's the first that I've had to the pleasure to hold and now I get why it's such a treasured finish. You should all be proud of yourselves!

Top Bottom