Teal Blue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it over a period of a few mornings.. It's Teal Blue Vintage Cebloplast with a #6 Bock nib. I wanted to thank Roy (OKLAHOMAN) for the complimentary nib and feed and Justin (Timebandit AKA Sensei) for the clip. There are a few things that I would do differently had I to make this pen again.. Still so much to learn. Comments welcome but most of all thanks for just looking. Doc:)

Attachments

• Teal Blue Cebloplast Kitless.jpg
    Teal Blue Cebloplast Kitless.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 362
  • Teal Blue Cebloplast Kitless_1.jpg
    Teal Blue Cebloplast Kitless_1.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 256
  • Teal Blue Cebloplast Kitless_2.jpg
    Teal Blue Cebloplast Kitless_2.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 185
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Timebandit

Great pen Doc!! Good to see you back!! I havent seen you making pens in a while!! Im glad you are back on the horse. You did a great job on this!!

wizard

Holy smokes Doc! that looks fantastic!!

Seamus, Thanks for the encouragement!! Regards, Doc

Great pen Doc!! Good to see you back!! I havent seen you making pens in a while!! Im glad you are back on the horse. You did a great job on this!!

Justin, Thanks so much! I couldn't have done this without you!! Work has been really overwhelming and haven't been able to get as much shop time.
Really miss it. My secretary as well as my wife tell me that I'm not as nice to be around when I haven't had my "pen making fix":rolleyes:. Regards, Doc

Timebandit

Justin, Thanks so much! I couldn't have done this without you!! Work has been really overwhelming and haven't been able to get as much shop time.
Really miss it. My secretary as well as my wife tell me that I'm not as nice to be around when I haven't had my "pen making fix":rolleyes:. Regards, Doc

Sure you could have!! You just needed some encouragement!:biggrin: And im sure she is just exaggerating right......right.....right:biggrin:

dgscott

Very good job! I like the fact that the finial extends some length above the clip -- "Teases" an onlooker as it peeks out of a pocket.

Keep it up!
Doug

renowb

WOW! Doc, that is nice! I was having withdrawals not seeing your stuff on here lately! Good to see ya!

OKLAHOMAN

I knew we'd see you back here, all you needed was breakfast with an Italian. Between Justin and you I might one day make a pen as nice as that..

PenPal

Hi Doc,

Been off air new provider just now.

I like your Mutant Ninja Pen in every way what was old is now new as all styles recycle from time to time. What is apparent is good old workmanship, the matching clip and nib,
your threads are neat as well. Pics difficult with silver involved I know.

Vintage is new now as always cycles the old back with all the nostalgia associated.

Me at 77 I can recall fountain pens as they were and are now used to be in primary school responsible as the ink monitor to mix and distribute the ink to the ink wells set in the desk corners.Still remember the number of stick pens in the ceilings above waiting to fall down when least expected and the expletives used when the fountain bladders let go in the white shirts.

Ah progress as we yearn for the good old days. Some were real tough WW2, Korea, Vietnam
shortages etc.

Love your work and understand the need for R&R.

KInd regards Peter.

wizard

Very good job! I like the fact that the finial extends some length above the clip -- "Teases" an onlooker as it peeks out of a pocket.

Keep it up!
Doug

Doug, Thanks so much for the encouraging comments! I'm trying different sizes and shapes on finials. I really admire your work !!!! Regards, Doc

Hey..great to see you Doc! Love the new pen, it looks awesome!

Thanks Jeff!!

Looks great! Keep pushing the boundary!

Thanks Allan!!

Beautiful pen!

Thanks Constant!!

WOW! Doc, that is nice! I was having withdrawals not seeing your stuff on here lately! Good to see ya!

Bill, Thanks so much!!..LOL...I'm starting to have withdrawal symptoms too...:eek::rolleyes:

wizard

NICE!!! Way to go, Doc, an awesome kitless pen, came out excellent!

Ken

Ken, Thanks so much!! Coming from you that means a lot!. Doc

Ditto!!!!:)

Dawn, Thanks so much!..LOL...I'm missing seeing my shop...and seeing way too much of my office:rolleyes:. Regards, Doc

Beautiful pen Doc!! Sure miss seeing your work!! Talk soon

Toni, Thanks so much. Will call you!:redface:

Thanks Earl!!

I knew we'd see you back here, all you needed was breakfast with an Italian. Between Justin and you I might one day make a pen as nice as that..

Thank you Roy...With Justin as a teacher and that quick mind of yours...you are well on your way. LOL...Roy, Breakfast with you and Diane was a jump start...finished at the hospital...went home and finished the pen for your nib.:biggrin:. It was good to see you and Di again. Regards, Doc

Hi Doc,

Been off air new provider just now.

I like your Mutant Ninja Pen in every way what was old is now new as all styles recycle from time to time. What is apparent is good old workmanship, the matching clip and nib,
your threads are neat as well. Pics difficult with silver involved I know.

Vintage is new now as always cycles the old back with all the nostalgia associated.

Me at 77 I can recall fountain pens as they were and are now used to be in primary school responsible as the ink monitor to mix and distribute the ink to the ink wells set in the desk corners.Still remember the number of stick pens in the ceilings above waiting to fall down when least expected and the expletives used when the fountain bladders let go in the white shirts.

Ah progress as we yearn for the good old days. Some were real tough WW2, Korea, Vietnam
shortages etc.

Love your work and understand the need for R&R.

KInd regards Peter.

Peter, Thank you so much!! Your eloquence and ability to give perspective to the person and their work in relation to the historical backdrop of our ancestors is amazing. Your words always strike a chord within me like no other. Regards, Doc

bitshird

Good to see some of your work Doc. I too have missed seeing your early morning works of art. Nice piece of Cebloplast, it sure made a sweet pen.

Brooks803

Looks great Doc! Don't you just hate it when work gets in the way like that? I'm getting a bit jealous of everyone making such great kitless pens with actual vintage materials. Thanks for showing us Doc.

hewunch

I have some of that material and I was going to make a kitless out of it soon. I guess I will wait for a little while now. In fear that yours will show mine up! Great work Doc!

looks fantastic Doc though I do not see teal in the colors. I wish I could get away from kit pens and just do my own designs and maybe I will soon seeing as I have a kazillion kit pens made. I have a problem though with the need/want to use my own creations for the body parts. I do not like to buy blanks (besides wood of course) and wood a PR from what I understand are not great materials to thread in. Clips... where does one find clips. I have looked every where for clips suitable for kit less/semi kit less pens.
Anyway, glad to see you have broken away from the kits and have started to make more fulfilling pens.

wizard

Man, great job all around! Nice classic look. I really like it.

Thank You!! Doc

Good to see some of your work Doc. I too have missed seeing your early morning works of art. Nice piece of Cebloplast, it sure made a sweet pen.

Ken, Thank you!

Looks great Doc! Don't you just hate it when work gets in the way like that? I'm getting a bit jealous of everyone making such great kitless pens with actual vintage materials. Thanks for showing us Doc.

Jonathon, Thank you! and yes!

I have some of that material and I was going to make a kitless out of it soon. I guess I will wait for a little while now. In fear that yours will show mine up! Great work Doc!

Hans, Thanks! LOL...I'm sure you will make something outstanding! Doc

looks fantastic Doc though I do not see teal in the colors. I wish I could get away from kit pens and just do my own designs and maybe I will soon seeing as I have a kazillion kit pens made. I have a problem though with the need/want to use my own creations for the body parts. I do not like to buy blanks (besides wood of course) and wood a PR from what I understand are not great materials to thread in. Clips... where does one find clips. I have looked every where for clips suitable for kit less/semi kit less pens.
Anyway, glad to see you have broken away from the kits and have started to make more fulfilling pens.

Brian, Thank you! I got the clip for this pen from Justin (Timebandit) and I believe he got them from Brian Gray...Doc

Top Bottom