Teachers pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cherie

Cherie

Question about the Teachers Pens: Are they suppose to retract or not? This is the second one I have made by the kits instructions. When I twist to retract the ink, they seem to push out causing the middle to come apart. I do not understand. They fit fine when the tip is out.

I also did a green and white corian and a blue slim line. However in the process of trying to square up another wood blank I had, the shaft seemed to get stuck in the tube and over heated, thus causing it to break in half. Can I square off without the shaft??

Attachments

• P1170012.jpg
    P1170012.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 174
  • P1170006.jpg
    P1170006.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 136
  • P1170008.jpg
    P1170008.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 112
  • P1170002.jpg
    P1170002.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 135
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnGreco

I only made a few, but I seem to recall they did retract OK. Though it was difficult to insert the ends into the mini ink cartridges and found I had to insert the actual twist mechanism to varying depths from pen to pen.

I have made around 20 of the teachers pens and they go together like a slimline only on a smaller scale. When I press the transmission in I press just past the brass color and check with the in cartridge by screwing it in and twisting to make the tip come out. If it needs to come out more I take out the ink cartridge and press in a >little <more. I do this until the tip comes out the amount that I want. SO yes, they retract. It sounds to me like you are pressing the transmission in to far.

Cherie

The transmission is not even past the brass twist part. If I press that in any farther, then the ink comes out before I have it threaded right.

Cherie

I fixed the pen and it works!!. I did not have the ink pressed all the way into the screw part for the transmission. So I pressed the transmission in farther and now it works perfect.

RSidetrack

I fixed the pen and it works!!. I did not have the ink pressed all the way into the screw part for the transmission. So I pressed the transmission in farther and now it works perfect.

Glad to hear you got it to work! Teachers pens can be quite tedious. I have made several and they all go together differently as in different depths for the transmissions, different firmness to press the ink cartridge in the cap, etc. However, they are a great little pen once they are working.

kovalcik

Glad you solved your issue. I had one teachers pen that had a center tube that was too short. Not sure if I mixed something up or if it came that way. I had to cut a new tube and return the center for it to retract.

Top Bottom