Teachers pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ToddMR

ToddMR

I made this teachers pen this morning. It was my first time doing one. One of the guys at my work that sits near my wife said if we made one he would buy it. I didn't have enough acrylic on hand for the colors I wanted so one end is Texas Ebony, the middle is Angre, and the other end is Redheart. I did a ca finish on the whole pen. I hope he will like it well enough. Thanks for looking! This was a fun pen to do for me.

teacherspen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlajoie

Great looking pen, I've made a bunch of these and have a bit of a love/hate relationship with them. Hate the process (I like to Turn between centers, but the little end pieces are too short for Johnny's bushings... this pen kit is the only reason I know where my mandrel is...) but I love the end results. My wife, mother, and sister are all teachers, so between them, co-workers and kids teachers at Christmas, I've made more than I wanted to, but every one has been nice in the end and worth the effort. Yours is spectacularly classy!!

ToddMR

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. My wife sold it to the proud new owner this morning. Can't wait to hear his comments about it. I almost was going to use acrylic, but I think the wood gave it a nicer look personally.

Drstrangefart

The wood worked out better on that one than the acrylic would have. This is why I consider a pen a living thing with its own wants and need during the creation process.

Dudley Young

I made one and gave to a teacher friend of mine and she said she wasn't allowed to use the red ink when putting an F on a paper, that it hurts their self esteem. My response was that a student that makes F's doesn't have any self esteem to start with. That my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
Todd, You did a great job on the teachers pen. I make several of these each year for my Daughter's teachers they love them. I always use ebony and red heart and the center is always white oak they are always a hit with the teachers.

Gary Beasley

I made this teachers pen this morning. It was my first time doing one. One of the guys at my work that sits near my wife said if we made one he would buy it. I didn't have enough acrylic on hand for the colors I wanted so one end is Texas Ebony, the middle is Angre, and the other end is Redheart. I did a ca finish on the whole pen. I hope he will like it well enough. Thanks for looking! This was a fun pen to do for me.

teacherspen.jpg
I would love to know how you put this together. Two slimlines end to end? Tubes modified? Transmissions? Were the refills shortened to fit the short lower barrels?

Top Bottom