Teacher's Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from nightowl

nightowl

This is my first teacher's pen. The ends are acrylic and the body is Black Palm. I blew the first body out on the lathe so on the second blank I turned it close to final size then used my special gouges starting with 150 frit and then going up to 400. Gotta love those gouges. I finished the body with CA. The body ended up short for some reason. I measured it with a tube from another kit and it was the same length. I added the satin pearl bands to compensate. I think it turned out reasonably well. Comments are welcome.

Attachments

• DSCN0281.JPG
    DSCN0281.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 221
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlajoie

Double check that you have the little brass knobs pushed onto the ink cartridge all the way. They go it MUCH farther than it seems they should, once you do that, you realize that the center barrel doesn't need to be much larger than a standard slimline tube (but it does need to be a bit larger...)

Mark

I agree. The first one I assembled seemed too short. I took it all apart and pressed the ink cartridge into the brass topper. I sort of snaps into it with a click.

RAdams

Banned
NICE PEN!! But i just have one question...

Is that a DALLAS COWBOYS Star in the background?:biggrin::biggrin:

Sure looks like one to me!!

nightowl

Thanks for the comments. I did push the cartridge in until it came to the stop. I did not try to push it any farther. I will try that next time. And yes that is a Cowboy Star in the background. Gotta love them boys.

Top Bottom