Tattooed Jr. gent.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

While standing in the check-out line at Wal-Mart I saw some packs of "Twisted TRIBAL TATTOOS" these are for kids (the wet and stick type) and the little night light in my head went on. :confused: So this is what I came up with. the blank is plain white PVC pipe turned down to size, I applied the Tattoo and let it dry. It has three coats of thick CA, wet sanded to 1500 and plastic polished. The Pen Kit is a Jr Gent. I have had issues with this kit, the center band keeps crushing during assembly, :mad: I think it's too big for the tube.
Comments welcome, Thanks for looking. :)

Attachments

• fire bird 003_edited-1.jpg
    fire bird 003_edited-1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 182
  • fire bird 006_edited-1.jpg
    fire bird 006_edited-1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 173
  • fire bird 002_edited-1.jpg
    fire bird 002_edited-1.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 152
  • fire bird 008_edited-1.jpg
    fire bird 008_edited-1.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 167
  • fire bird 009_edited-1.jpg
    fire bird 009_edited-1.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 168
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jocat54

That's really nice. I do have a question about PVC pipe--I have read other threads where they use PVC--what size pipe is small enough for a pen blank--sorry if this is a dumb question.

maxman400

That's really nice. I do have a question about PVC pipe--I have read other threads where they use PVC--what size pipe is small enough for a pen blank--sorry if this is a dumb question.
Actually this blank came from a 16 inch water main and the pipe was 1" thick and I chopped it up in to 1X6 inch pen blanks.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
The firebird looks like the same one that's on Hank Jr's album. That's pretty cool.

jskeen

I like the idea of using those kids tattoo's to dress up an otherwise plain jane blank. It really makes that white pvc pop. May work on a blah antler or wood blank too. I might have to start looking at the stuff the spawn keep wanting to get out of those quarter vending machines a little closer.

I'm really curious about this new center band section you are having problems with. If the insert really is that tight a fit into the tube, I would expect people to start having problems with it cracking their turned blanks when it's pressed in, as well as having it collapse on them.

Not to give you the third degree here, but a few questions come to mind. How many jr. gents have you done. I get the impression that this ain't your first rodeo? Do you know where and when you got these new style kits from? Did you order straight from CSUSA recently? Were the kits all one plating, or different? I just noticed that the threads on this kit are black enamel, and the center trim ring is black. Is the finial black too? Is this a platinum or rhodium plated kit? If so that's a change from the gold trim ring and finial I'm used to seeing. Once you get them assembled, how do the metal to metal threads feel compared to the old style?

I ordered a black ti jr gent fp kit from them a couple of weeks ago and it was the normal short center section with the black nylon threaded insert.

Thanks;
James

Last edited:

maxman400

I'm really curious about this new center band section you are having problems with. If the insert really is that tight a fit into the tube, I would expect people to start having problems with it cracking their turned blanks when it's pressed in, as well as having it collapse on them.

Not to give you the third degree here, but a few questions come to mind. How many jr. gents have you done. I get the impression that this ain't your first rodeo? Do you know where and when you got these new style kits from? Did you order straight from CSUSA recently? Were the kits all one plating, or different? I ordered a black ti jr gent fp kit from them a couple of weeks ago and it was the normal short center section with the black nylon threaded insert. Once you get them assembled, how do the metal to metal threads feel compared to the old style?

Thanks;
James
Here's a link to a rant www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59863 This will tell you where they came from, It was not CSUSA I have not had any problems with any of their stuff. The center band is metal but the threads on the Pen is plastic.

Top Bottom