Taste of Texas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it early this A.M. Kept looking at the leftover pieces of Curtis's "Original Cactus Blanks". Thought I would use them to make something in Curtis's words "A Taste of Texas". I put them on top of a piece of Mesquite. I'm still working on getting pictures on a light background. Thank you for looking. Have a great day:). Doc ...And it's back to work.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Taste of Texas_2.jpg
    Taste of Texas_2.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 211
  • Taste of Texas_1.jpg
    Taste of Texas_1.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 280
  • Taste of Texas.jpg
    Taste of Texas.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 199
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

Very creative! One of the reasons we should all keep our scraps. To turn out a beauty of a pen like this is reason enouggh...Awesome work

ctubbs

Doc, you can quit worrying about your photos on white, you've got it down pretty well. Oh yes, the pen itself. It is not bad either. Just kidding Doc, that pen is magnificent. The fit and finish as well as the execution of the 'scrap' assembly is outstanding. I still want to see one, just one little picture of one of your failures. Please, Doc, just one little chip somewhere. Nobody is all that perfect, surely.
Charles

Toni

Doc Doc Doc.....Lets see 7 days in a week approx..6 pens a week...member since August 2009:eek::eek: damn thats a lot of pens!! (am not doing the math on that) Another Gorgeous Pen. Good thing Christmas is around the corner:biggrin::biggrin:

wizard

Doc, you can quit worrying about your photos on white, you've got it down pretty well. Oh yes, the pen itself. It is not bad either. Just kidding Doc, that pen is magnificent. The fit and finish as well as the execution of the 'scrap' assembly is outstanding. I still want to see one, just one little picture of one of your failures. Please, Doc, just one little chip somewhere. Nobody is all that perfect, surely.
Charles

Charles,
Thanks for the compliment ! As far as mistakes...which I definitely DO...I calmly take the kit apart and the mistake portion of it goes sailing into the shop trash can...actually maybe a little faster than sailing...I could take a picture of the trash can:eek:...just kidding...Regards, Doc :):)

phillywood

Doc, i love all your creations and one of these days when I make it to Houston again I have to come and look at you turn. About this pen, top cap is beautiful and so is the bottom, however, mesquite is not complimenting the top that well. I know you have many of those kits, i was wondering if you do another scrap glue up and match other materials to find a better compliment for them. Like maybe a Claro walnut for the cap on mesquite and other colors of Curtis's cactus for the bottom of the other pen.
Hope you didn't mind my comment, but seeing your work for these many months I thought you may use the comment.

wizard

Doc, i love all your creations and one of these days when I make it to Houston again I have to come and look at you turn. About this pen, top cap is beautiful and so is the bottom, however, mesquite is not complimenting the top that well. I know you have many of those kits, i was wondering if you do another scrap glue up and match other materials to find a better compliment for them. Like maybe a Claro walnut for the cap on mesquite and other colors of Curtis's cactus for the bottom of the other pen.
Hope you didn't mind my comment, but seeing your work for these many months I thought you may use the comment.

Phillip, Thank you for the compliment. You are welcome to come visit! I think your idea sounds great and will definitely try it. Curtis has a half blank sampler of his " Original Cactus Blanks" that I will order. I have another order for cactus blanks coming but I don't remember which three cactus blanks I ordered:rolleyes:. Regards, Doc

wizard

Doc Doc Doc.....Lets see 7 days in a week approx..6 pens a week...member since August 2009:eek::eek: damn thats a lot of pens!! (am not doing the math on that) Another Gorgeous Pen. Good thing Christmas is around the corner:biggrin::biggrin:

Thank you all for the compliments and encouragement !
Toni, After counting, I have made around 225+ pens which include the many that I have given away. Still have not sold one but have a friend coming over tonight to buy some as Christmas gifts for his office. I have no idea of how much to charge (... like as in no clue:rolleyes:). Anyway, if you or anyone else is interested, I can take a picture of my book shelves in which all 5 shelves are full of pens on stands and post it in the casual conversation area. My family members make sure that everyone that walks into the house gets to see the "collection". As far as Christmas, I have already pretty much saturated all of my friends and family with pens as gifts. I guess another one wouldn't hurt :eek:. Pretty soon you can see them in person:wink:. Regards, Doc

Top Bottom