Tasmanina Blackwood Victorian Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tgsean

tgsean

Black wood is a very nice timber, and takes a good CA finish. This is another pen I auctioned at the fundraiser, went for AUD 200.

C & C welcome

Cheers,
Sean

Attachments

• Tasmanian Blackwood Victorian 1.jpg
    Tasmanian Blackwood Victorian 1.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 212
  • Tasmanian Blackwood Victorian 2.jpg
    Tasmanian Blackwood Victorian 2.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 155
  • Tasmanian Blackwood Victorian.jpg
    Tasmanian Blackwood Victorian.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 198
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bob Wemm

Beautiful pen Sean.
That Blackwood is really good when cross cut. I had a square blank that I cut a circle from and the corners made some real nice pens.
Great Job.

Bob.

robutacion

Very pretty wood and a very contemporary kit...!

The #53 BlackWood I've got, that had lived and grown in this town, in someone's property, has some resemblance if from the very centre of the log, some people confuse Australian Black-Wattle and Australian Blackwood however, I have also seen other pieces of Australian BlackWood grown is other states that look very different so I would say, there should be some variants of this species throughout Australia...!

Cheers
George

tgsean

This time we had the WA wood & craft show, for the first time there was a stall from Tasmania, so I bought some Black wood, Huon pine and Black heart sassafras. George what would be the best way to cut the BHS so that you can maximize the spalting? Not sure if you saw my other post of the Victorian pen with BHS, but most of the spalting got turned off

Top Bottom