Tasmanian Sassafras

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dansills

dansills

Found this blank while organizing my wood drawer (came from EB I think). Looked even better before it was turned with more flaming and spalting. Mainly rhodium Jr gent components except for the finial. I had a spare one from a statesman so I darkened it up a little and left off the center band. I think I like the look without a center band just wish there was a way to eliminate the small joint. 15 coat CA finish, MM and HUT. C&C welcome and thanks for looking.

e6ac7bf1.jpg

3c30b15b.jpg

4b27daf6.jpg

6de5dcf1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russknan

Stunning! And what a beautiful finish! Tough to photograph something so glossy and have it come out well. You nailed it! Russ

RetiredJake

Fantastic job with both fit and finish. I like the minor mods you made, make it look very classy. I have some of this wood drying, in 2 blocks I got from Woodcraft. Some day when it is dry, I will attempt to make something as nice as yours.

Jake

dansills

Wow, that's a beautiful pen! Would the single fixed band make the cap too short on the standard tube?

Great job!

Harry

It wouldn't make it too short but I was worried about it being too plain. Sure wish someone had an idea about easing the transition between the two bands.

Freethinker

I've made several pens in this same style.

They're MY personal favorite style of pen, although my customers seem to take little notice of them.

Yours here is an absolute stunner, beautiful wood, beautiful finish. Great job.

Top Bottom