tonylumps

I had to try the PSI Tank Pen

Attachments

• DSC00294.JPG
    DSC00294.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 355
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MTViper

Great job with the pen and the name plate/pen holder. I'm going to copy that.

I've got a son who is a tanker and I thought I'd make one of those pens for him and another for his Command Sergeant Major. I hadn't thought about making it a desk set. That's a great idea! I'll get one of my scroll saw buddies to make it up for him and I'll do the pens.

OZturner

Excellent Presentation of the Tank Pen, Tony.
I looked at this Pen in the release from PSI, and Passed, as I didn't know how it would Turn Out, with the Nib and Clip Arrangements.
Congratulations on your Ingenious Presentation, It Looks Terrific, as a Desk Set with your Name Plate Holder.
Excellent Fit and Finish.
Brian.

tonylumps

Great job with the pen and the name plate/pen holder. I'm going to copy that.

I've got a son who is a tanker and I thought I'd make one of those pens for him and another for his Command Sergeant Major. I hadn't thought about making it a desk set. That's a great idea! I'll get one of my scroll saw buddies to make it up for him and I'll do the pens.

I do a lot of Scroll work .When I started making pens I combined the two.When I sell a pen I ask is it for display and would they like a stand.Most of the stands are Initials or Military theme.

Attachments

• DSC00280.JPG
    DSC00280.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

MTViper

I do a lot of Scroll work .When I started making pens I combined the two.When I sell a pen I ask is it for display and would they like a stand.Most of the stands are Initials or Military theme.

That's another great one. I have a scroll saw but don't use it enough to do something like that. I know some guys that do, though. Thanks for the idea. That's a great way to display a Bolt Action pen, too.

tonylumps

Nice job, both scrolling and turning.
PS: Did you get used to the on/off switch location? I am struggling with that still on my new Rikon.[/QUOTE.
Once and a while I still reach for the headstock .But I am getting use to it.Even though the70-100 is a good lathe .I should have bought this from the get go.I guess I was a little Leary about VS in general crapping out.But with this warranty I don't think I have a worry.

lhowell

That's pretty cool! I have a buddy who is a tanker and thought about picking one of these up and trying it out but it looked very awkward to carry. I really like this desk stand setup idea! Nice job!

tonylumps

That's pretty cool! I have a buddy who is a tanker and thought about picking one of these up and trying it out but it looked very awkward to carry. I really like this desk stand setup idea! Nice job!

It is a big Pen. I don't think it would be an all day carry But if he is a Tanker He is carrying bigger gear then that pen.I think he will like it.Easy refill the whole front slips off No press fit at all

Top Bottom