Tangerine Lucitylic "demonstrator"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from redwd707

redwd707

This is not my first try with the Tangerine Lucitylic. A year or two ago I turned a pen out of this stuff, and though it looked great on the outside, as you can guess the inside looked like... well, bad. So I avoided material that was too transparent for a while, but I always wanted to come back to this lucitlyic because it looks so neat.
First I switched pulleys on my lathe so I could turn it down all the way to 500rpm. Then I bought a Drilldoctor. That eliminated the crazing that had made the previous pen irreparable. Tiny Micromesh pads on bamboo skewers, wet sanding both directions, followed by Novus 2 & 1, got rid of the drill rings.
I re-used the clip from the earlier failed version, a gold TiNi Polaris clip. I ran out of material for the grip section and had to resort to ebonite, and though I think it looks nice, I've got some more T.L. on the way to try a see-thru grip. It sports a polished Bock #5 m and silver-tone Schmidt cartridge converter right now, but I'll eventually swap them out for the gold-toned versions to match the clip.
Pictures were tough to get, so I hope the ones I finally settled on show the transparent quality to good effect.
Thanks for looking, c&c welcome!
John

Attachments

• tangerineforweb001.jpg
    tangerineforweb001.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 203
  • tangerineforweb006.jpg
    tangerineforweb006.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 260
  • tangerineforweb007.jpg
    tangerineforweb007.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 150