A Tambootie Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipes

I think thats what this wood is called anyway I have made a fewpipe tampers from it ! This is my first pen with this wood .I normaly PREFER FP but not on lite color woods IF ts gona get hard use with dirty hands so I did a CA finish on this one what you guys think ??

tambootiesierrachrome2.jpg

http://affordablepipes.com/

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pipes

I have NO idea LOL heck it might not be tambootie I was told BUY wife who has book to look this up thats what it is ! and Iam NOT gona tell her she is wrong :O)if she is ? :O))[:D]

http://affordablepipes.com/

mrcook4570

I love heart/sap contrast. This looks very much like desert ironwood. Most of the tambootie that I have seen has lighter heartwood. Also, how did it sand? If it clogged up your paper 10 times faster than cocobolo, then it's probably tambootie as it is extremely oily. I have yet to be able to get CA to stick to the stuff, but it is so oily that I generally just MM through 12,000 and coat with TSW.

gerryr

Looks good, very nice looking wood and the finish looks good too. It might be an artifact of the photo, seen this before, but the wood looks smaller in diameter than the nib the metal parts.

Pipes

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />Looks good, very nice looking wood and the finish looks good too. It might be an artifact of the photo, seen this before, but the wood looks smaller in diameter than the nib the metal parts.

Some ODD reason all my pic's look like the wood is smaller than nib !! BUT its the camera !! This has a perfect fit !!I got the wood off E bay about a yr ago chits ...

Pipes

Originally posted by mrcook4570
<br />I love heart/sap contrast. This looks very much like desert ironwood. Most of the tambootie that I have seen has lighter heartwood. Also, how did it sand? If it clogged up your paper 10 times faster than cocobolo, then it's probably tambootie as it is extremely oily. I have yet to be able to get CA to stick to the stuff, but it is so oily that I generally just MM through 12,000 and coat with TSW.

It cloged up the MM and sandpapper !

BigRob777

This is a bunch of Tamboti pen blanks (part of my African Special). It looks like your pen may be made from that wood, which almost looks like wax. BTW, nice pen. The sapwood in my pic is slightly more yellowish than it appears. Also, the color of my stock varies slightly, from blank to blank.

20065922918_DSCN2429.jpg

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom