Taken with my Photo Box

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from edicehouse

edicehouse

I finally got around to making a photo box. Is there a big improvement in the photos?

298999_125498584222361_100002866613097_112204_521868944_n.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TomWalton

Just a little technical suggestion - the light background has caused your camera to underexpose the shot, by about one stop. If your camera allows, you could dial in some exposure compensation to pull it up. One stop would be a doubling of the exposure time - e.g., from 1/100 to 1/50th.

76winger

Just a little technical suggestion - the light background has caused your camera to underexpose the shot, by about one stop. If your camera allows, you could dial in some exposure compensation to pull it up. One stop would be a doubling of the exposure time - e.g., from 1/100 to 1/50th.

I agree with Tom, getting the exposure good with a white background is do-able but will take some tweaking and playing around. You might want to try a medium gray background that won't throw off the camera's light meter so much and make it easier to get good results without a lot of experimentation.

sbell111

The way the pen is sitting, the 'nib' end is much closer to the lens than the 'top' end. This makes it difficult to keep the entire pen in focus.

jbswearingen

Turn the pen to the side, as mentioned by sbell. Use a curved backdrop; the hard angle at the bottom is distracting. Try poster board; it's cheap, easier to use, and doesn't "wrinkle". Also, try a different color. That white looks dirty.

Top Bottom