Tae Kwon Do Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rick1708

Rick1708

I'm a big fan of pens with stories, so here goes:
I'm testing for my black belt in Tae Kwon Do in a couple of weeks (yes, I'm one of the oldest by many years). I thought it would be fun to make a pen from one of the boards I broke as a gift for my Master. The wood wasn't all that interesting (just some cheap pine), but with Stan's help (mrcook4570) we really dialed it up with the Korean characters for Tae Kwon Do. Photography isn't great, but the pen turned out really nice. I plan to present the pen some time after my test.

Attachments

• TKD.jpg
    TKD.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 443
  • TKD_blank.jpg
    TKD_blank.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 269
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kalai

Hi Rick, great idea on the pen and I like the caligraphy, I hope you get your black belt, give your Master the pen before the test and I am sure you will pass with no problem.
By the way I am not so young and I still practice martial arts, I have a black belt in Judo and Aikido. Good job on the pen, aloha.

Kalai

TurnaPen

Simple but stunning, sometimes the simplest of woods can grow on you, when given with the story behind it, it will mean much to the receiver; and if he doesn't like it you can always give him a chop!!!!! Amos

Chief Hill

I'm a big fan of pens with stories, so here goes:
I'm testing for my black belt in Tae Kwon Do in a couple of weeks (yes, I'm one of the oldest by many years). I thought it would be fun to make a pen from one of the boards I broke as a gift for my Master. The wood wasn't all that interesting (just some cheap pine), but with Stan's help (mrcook4570) we really dialed it up with the Korean characters for Tae Kwon Do. Photography isn't great, but the pen turned out really nice. I plan to present the pen some time after my test.

Yes make sure you wait till AFTER your test. Just in case LOL......

Nice job.

PR_Princess

What a wonderful sentiment...and how very fitting. This gift so filled with meaning, is bound to be treasured down through the years.

FWIW, I think the simple grain of the pine was the perfect foil for the laser work. A more elaborate grain would be too loud, and not let the engraving be heard.

Top Bottom