Taber Alberta Corn

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rd_ab_penman

Status
Not open for further replies.

rd_ab_penman

Turned these two from air dried non-stabilized Taber Alberta field corn. Used lots of CA, corn dust slurry, 12,000MM and Caranuba.

tabercorncobif4.jpg

tabercorncobkp2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred

Les, First, great pen. I think you did really, really swell on the corn cob. I bet it just drank in all the CA you could put on it for a bit. Very nice pen and I think the gold of the kit really is brought to one's attention by the color of the cob. Great job! [:D]

Second, just what the heck is a "carbon footprint" anyway? I can imagine the answers about ones found in a fire, etc.

Suggestion on the photograph ... use just a few of the corn kernals here and there near the pen and see if they are not quite as distacting to the appearence of the pen. Just a suggestion mind you! [:D]

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Fred,

Carbon footprint is a term invented by someone who bought their Hummer H1 last year. [:D][;)] Don't get me started on Al Gore's hot air footprint. [}:)][;)]

"A Carbon Footprint is a measure of the impact human activities have on the environment in terms of the amount of green house gases produced, measured in units of carbon dioxide."

M

Mudder

Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />"A Carbon Footprint is a measure of the impact human activities have on the environment in terms of the amount of green house gases produced, measured in units of carbon dioxide."

Why not just call it your carbon dioxide footprint? That would seem more accurate to me. [;)]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Careful guys.

Without Al Gore, there would be no internet.[:0][:0][:0][:0]

If you don't believe it, ASK HIM!!!!![}:)][}:)][}:)]

Fred

And without Al's crony and sidekick t kennedy the USA would be much better off, IMHO!

Danged, I just thought about the amount of green house gases that are being produced by him every time he opens up his fat mouth. I doubt that it could be easily measured either!

OK, I am through. Now I have to go to Wall-to-Wall Meslem (mis-spelled to offend them) Mart and offend a few hundred rag-heads. [}:)]

mick

Has anyone seen a picture of Al Gore lately.....his "Carbon Footprint" is getting really big! [:D] Plus I don't think he can see his feet without a mirror.

rd_ab_penman

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions!
My current Carbon Footprint is at 5 tonnes CO2 per year.
The Canadian average is 11.71 tonnes CO2 per year.
You can figure out what your Carbon Footprint is using calculator at http://www.climatecrisis.net/takeaction/carboncalculator

Les

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom