T-bone Pen and Custom Case

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MartinPens

MartinPens

I'm showing off the pen WITH the case. Couldn't decide between this forum and "other stuff" forum. Could go in either.

If you haven't seen the Trombone Tribute pen before, here it is in its new home. Pen and case are made of Curly Koa I brought back from Kauai.

Case was custom made by RogerGarrett. You can find his profile here: http://www.penturners.org/forum/member.php?u=2287

Thanks Roger!! It is a fantastic case. The custom shape cutout is perfect and flocked with burgundy felt. The top has a burgundy padded velvet insert. I really like the solid inset hinges on the winged back. Very sweet touch. I added little felt feet on the bottom and added the clasp you sent me. Thanks very much!

Tried to make the photos give all the work its due credit.

Martin

Attachments

• TCase-9139.jpg
    TCase-9139.jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 303
  • TCase-9137.jpg
    TCase-9137.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 212
  • TCase-9138.jpg
    TCase-9138.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 185
  • TCase-9141.jpg
    TCase-9141.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 137
  • TCase-9142.jpg
    TCase-9142.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 101
  • TCase-9143.jpg
    TCase-9143.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 110
  • TCase-9146.jpg
    TCase-9146.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 111
  • TCase-9145b.jpg
    TCase-9145b.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 184
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I still think that pen should have won:wink:
But as cool as that case is, it would also be a pity to hide it away in a box. It needs to be on show:biggrin:

Did I mention that I have a very nice glass display cabinet with beautiful pens from all over the world, in it????? I'm sure I could find a spot for it:biggrin:

RogerGarrett

I have to say - your photography really helps bring that case to life. I'm really pleased with the way that clasp looks. That's what we'll stick with if you order two more for the pending orders.

Thanks for the complements on the case. I make so many cases every day - it is becoming easier all the time to create a custom case. This one was actually pretty fun.

It was a pleasure working with Martin. He is flexible, curious, and was open to many ideas. Frankly - he's the one who thought of using the jig from the baton cases and somehow making a pen case by converting it. Wasn't hard to do. I also appreciate you checking out my website and going the extra mile.

Good luck with these pens!

Best,
Roger Garrett

wiset1

Now that's an amazing idea that is complete with presentation points! I saw this pen when you first posted it, but now with the case it truly makes an impact. Great work

MartinPens

Thanks everyone! And Roger, thanks for your craftsmanship. Superb work.

I bought two more brand new 3rd valve assemblies for making two more T-bone pens. The parts are slightly different but not so different that the cutout will need to be changed. When they arrived I realized how different they are from the antique one used in the pen. I may post a photo of them somewhere and link it here because now I have to figure out how to cut the metal parts without screwing them up. Anyhow, hard to explain and a bit of a tangent. Roger, this will likely slow me down in ordering the next two cases. Be patient with me.

This forum is very inspiring and I'm grateful to have a place to share my work and get encouraging feedback. Thanks again!

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Top Bottom