Syzygy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from VisExp

VisExp

Jr. Retro rollerball dressed in coastal red milkwood with black veneer.
A gift for a friend.
Your comments/critiques are appreciated. Thanks for looking.

1_JR-RB-R-0002.jpg

1_JR-RB-R-0002-2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

awesome Keith! You might see about shaving the cb and making it closed. Just a thought. Either way, it looks great!

jttheclockman

Very well crafted and your talent always comes to the forefront with these designs. Would I be out of place though to say in my opinion it is too busy???? The designs are too overlapping. Just my opinion so please don't shoot the messanger.

oops99

Truly an outstanding piece of art. I can't beleive that anyone could even think about giving you a less than Perfect critique.

Tom/oops99

jleiwig

Very well crafted and your talent always comes to the forefront with these designs. Would I be out of place though to say in my opinion it is too busy???? The designs are too overlapping. Just my opinion so please don't shoot the messanger.

I tend to agree. It's beautiful in its execution, but just too much for me.

akbar24601

Keith, that is an absolute beauty!!!! I am glad to see the original/originator of that design come out to play!!! You do it proud everytime!

Keith,
What a beauty. I love the veneer and wood combo. I will forward you my address just in case..

Sorry Cris, but I am probably at the top of that list seeing as I am his Dad and all. Maybe you'll get some other one :)

broitblat

Great looking pen. I like the way the veneer swirls in. I doubt your customers will appreciate just how much skill and work were required to make that pen.

-Barry

VisExp

Thanks for the comments and sorry for the slow reply. It's been a busy week.

awesome Keith! You might see about shaving the cb and making it closed. Just a thought. Either way, it looks great!

Hans, I've tried this design with a modified (thin) Jr. Gent CB as well. Neither work perfectly :redface: Part of the problem is also the smaller diameter of the lower barrel changes the design relative to the upper barrel.

That is a fantastic blank and a spectacular pen . I agree with Hans about the center band . I think it breaks up the design too badly . You should try that with a Zen/Stretch kit or do a one piece cigar like this http://www.penturners.org/photos/index.php?n=9440 so you can show the whole blank without the interruptions .

That's a great idea Butch. I've been wanting to make a Zen/Stretch for a while. It would be a great kit to put this design on. Thanks.

I tend to agree. It's beautiful in its execution, but just too much for me.

John and Ty, I appreciate your comments and opinions. You're right, it's easier to argue for the technical aspects of this blank than it is for the design. I normally don't like the busy look either, although something about this particular design speaks to me. I can understand and appreciate that it is not for everyone though.

jttheclockman

Please make a video and send it to me!!!!:biggrin:

Now that would be a very worthwhile video or utube entry for sure. A tutorial of some sort would be greatly received and enjoyed. Hope you think about it. Thanks for showing your work.:)

Top Bottom