Sycamore/Picguard

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Max

Made some time out in the shop to make up this little blank.
The wood is Sycamore---the same that I am selling--- and pic guard
Kit is a slim line
I needed to build it for practice ---I am wanting to make one out of Ivory and Root burl so I need to figure out how to make this work.
Hope you like it

200592151910_picguard.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Pretty cool Gary! Does it twist at the perpendicular (middle) pic guard, or higher? The reason I ask is that the sycamore seems to be a different color at the pic guard near where the clip contacts the barrel. IMHO, it is a bit busy with the five pic guard rings, but it is still a neat idea!

Gary Max

Jim it all the same piece of wood--made sure I had them in the right order when they went back together.
Twist is the center band-----about the busy thing---three wasn't doing it for me so to keep the balance I went with 5.
I will take another pic later today from the clip end and see if it shows off better.
Thanks for your thoughts---that's how this pen came to life.

Gary Max

Jim I used Thin CA---made the mistake of Glueing it up at my desk. You know CA will wick right through printer paper.
Now I got another spot on my desk that is missing finish---had to scrape the CA off with a knife.----Boy am I glad no one saw me do that.[:D]

JimGo

LOL...sounds like something I would do Gary! Oh, and to answer your question, yes, did know that. Just don't as HOW I know it!

Dan

Gary, your pen is a real eyecatcher. A striking effect against the grain of the wood. Your story about the CA reminds me of when I glued a blank to my workbench. Had to use a chisel to get it off. And the wife hasn't let me forget it either...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom