SWMBO's 2013 daily writer.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BradG

BradG

Well i thought my wife would like a new daily writer for the new year, so ive made a shiny one for her.

(for new members, SWMBO = she who must be obeyed)

I would say kitless, but ive used a nib from a kit i had kicking around rather than turning a new one.

Small in length, equivalent to a Jr Gent,

Light, made from aluminium, and closed both ends

Spiral detailing applied throughout.

She seems pleased so mission accomplished :)

As always, thanks for looking

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 189
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 176
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 145
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BradG

yes was easy to do using half a knurling tool :) need to buy some smaller taps and dies now though.. the width is fine on the gent type size but a little much for this style..tough luckily Jen likes its size, though i would have likedto of seen it around the size of a parker pen in honesty

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Very smart!!

How do you use just one knurling wheel? :confused: Isn't that a bit like clapping with one hand? Did you use a follower?

BradG

I took a length of aluminium which was the size of the complete pen, and turned it down to diameter. didnt drill it just centre drilled it. I used a dead centre instead of the live because of the side load pressure being applied just be sure to add some oil to the hole to stop you friction welding the tip of your dead :biggrin:,. as you know the knurling tools come with two wheels on them, i dismantled mine into two halves and just mounted one. made contact, wound it in 0.5mm and let it run its course. looks horrible when done lol but when you sand it back down looks great.

Edit: i should add, if you were doing this with a smaller diameter then a follower would be needed for sure

Last edited:
Top Bottom