Sweet/poison duos

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wood-of-1kind

Status
Not open for further replies.

wood-of-1kind

Got a little shop time today and the results are these. Please feel free to post a comment.
-Peter-:)

First off is one of Dawn's Potion #9, appropriately called Bubblegum. No explanation required except to say that it was 'sweetly' provided by ed_4copies. Thanks Ed, and a special appreciative regards to the PR_Pricess herself. I turned the 'bubblegum' in order to avoid accidental ingestion. The blank looks absolutely edible and turns like a charm.
20071110213149_eddie1.jpg

20071110213215_eddie2.jpg

20071110213244_eddie3.jpg

The second effort is a Baron rattlesnake encoiled with chrome. Don Ward once again kindly made available another wonderful snake blank. I really like turning on these snakes and am thankful that they don't bite back. The 'pot bellie' end is for personal reasons (I like a narrow nib end and a top heavy posting cap).

20071110213547_donnie1.jpg

20071110213614_donnie2.jpg

20071110213649_P1010018.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Radman

I was just going to remark about the unusual profile of the snakeskin pen. Most unusual. I've not seen one turned like that. They both show you know what you're doing...ver nice!
[8D]

Ligget

Has that snake just eaten something?
Fantastic Cigar, with a beautiful coloured blank (my daughter loves it), I hear what you say about the snakeskin Baron, so thats fine, good work Peter![:p][:p]

alxe24

Nice looknig pens. I agree about the shape of the snake but again as you said you have your reasons.
Not to be neatpicking your pen but I think your blank orientation on the snake blank came out wrong on both barrels the scales are going to the center and collapse in the center.

wood-of-1kind

Thanks for the feedback everyone. As a final note, the snakeskin 'bulge' is not as pronounced as the pics indicate. Once capped and posted the 'bloated' look disappears. I'll try to take a better pic showing the complete posted look. The scales are in alignment when the pen is posted. Once again, this comes to personal preference. The scales can be made in alignment based on either in a 'closed'or in the 'open'(posted) position.

-Peter-[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom