Swallow-tail Dip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DCBluesman

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
This jarrah dip pen has a drop tail. Reminds me of swallows.

200642404912_JarrahDip.jpg

Thanks to all who look and particularly to those who comment.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

Lou,
I'll bet this pen is very comfortable to hold and use.
I honestly have no idea at all how you turned the dip in the tail. Any chance of you e-mailing me the technique or posting? I'll understand if this is a well hidden secret that resides deep in your mind.[:D][;)]

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Ron, I don't have secrets when it comes to making pens. Think about it for a day or two and see if you figure it out. If not, I'll gladly share the method. I'm wondering if anyone else makes a drop-tail pen. [?] [8D]

Ron Mc

OK Lou,
But before I begin to think. Tell me this....Is the shape done completely on the lathe or do you complete it off the lathe?

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Ok, for those who don't want to know what I did, stop reading! for the rest of you:

It's turned with two centers on the end opposite the nib. Nothing terribly exotic, just X the end of your blank and center your point on the X. Turn as much of the blank as you want to be on the first plane. Finish that section. Adjust the blank against the center at a slightly different spot and turn the swallow-tail section. Work carefully to turn the shoulder between the two planes. That's about it.

And Hank, I only know one speed to turn...Mach 2 with my hair on fire. [8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom