Suspended Animation "Pua Shell"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Before I could let my wife see this I had to have her promise me she wouldn't run off with it. I'm extremely happy with how this came out. It's hard enough getting 1 color to suspend right let alone 3! I reverse painted the blank with black for a nice contrast so the other colors would pop! I put it on a Blk Ti Stretch to really show it off. Finish is MM to 12000 and polished with PlastX. Thanks for looking and comments/critiques welcome!

Edit: The finished pen was photographed in total darkness with a diffused flash. This will be the first time I can actually say that the pictures do it justice!

Here's the raw blank just after reverse painting:
100_1970700x233.jpg

The finished product!
100_1995553x700.jpg
100_2001581x700.jpg
100_2013633x700.jpg

Last edited:

PaulDoug

How long you been at this cast'n thingy? I really continue to turn out some beautiful blanks and you tun'n and finish'n t'ant shabby either.

Boz

Very nice. Blue is my fav. I have no idea how that raw blank became that pen. I guess that is why I am still buying my blanks and not casting them.

Brooks803

Lovely! Beautiful! How much?!

Hey Mister....wanna buy a pen?:tongue:

How long you been at this cast'n thingy? I really continue to turn out some beautiful blanks and you tun'n and finish'n t'ant shabby either.

lol...I did my very first cast in Feb 09 so about 2yrs. However, I wouldn't say that I was very good at it until about 6 months ago or so. I've had my share of screw ups along the way. Glad I don't have nearly as many "misatakes" anymore.

Thanks everyone for the comments! I just got my mica shipment in today so now I'm gonna try the "opal" blank.

IPD_Mr

That is one of the nicest color combos that I have seen in a cast in some time. That is something to be proud of.

Brooks803

lol...thanks everyone. I'm really happy with this one and from the response I've gotten I think yall are in agreement. Thanks for the support! That's why I continue to do what I do.

wiset1

:eek:WOW! It's like night and day between the two and the finished pen looks AMAZING. I'm always inspired by your work...perhaps one day I'll try my hand at stuff like this, but for now I'll just watch what you come up with. :biggrin:

seamus7227

Holy crapola!! Jonathon, WOW, Your stuff has been neat to look at before, but this! For real, this has my attention now. Dont stop brotha, keep on keeping on!

wizard

Jonathan, All I can say is AWESOME !!!!!!
Your castings are beautiful and the pens are gorgeous. The swirls resemble looking into a cloud nebula in another solar system. It has so much depth and motion to it. All captured in a stunning pen! Regards, Doc

randyrls

Beautiful pen and beautiful blank!!!

If you ever decide to sell these blanks, The line forms behind me!!!

The best complement you can receive is soft, green, has pictures of dead presidents,and folds the middle!

Top Bottom