Survivor pink??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ed4copies

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
We have had a number of requests for "cancer pink" or "survivor pink". penpinknetbetter.jpg

What do you think? Is this the correct color?

IF so, tubes have been painted white, but the pink is opaque enough that painting MAY NOT be necessary. (Better safe than sorry)

As you can see, Dawn was able to maintain the pearl effect.

What do ya'all think???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Dang, my wife's fund raising is about over. I'll remember this for next year!

I suggest making some bottle stopper blanks!

Brandon25

Looks really nice to me. I made a "survivor" pen for my teacher this week, who just came back from battling breast cancer, and I used a "cotton candy" blank from woodcraft. It looks just about the same color as that (though not pearescent, and not nearly as nice) and it matched all the other breast cancer colored stuff they had set up for her at her little party. Everyone thought it was perfect for a survivor.

Rifleman1776

Very nice.
A word of caution however.
The city where the art gallery is located that sells my pens has a big event every year for breast cancer. It is a run/walk and attracts many thousands of people.
I had considered making pink pens for the store. That plan was abandoned when I learned that the organizers of the event actually have a store of many items, including imported el cheapo pink pens. I determined that it might be very difficult to sell pens in the $30.00-$45.00 range when they can walk down the street and buy one for under $5.00.

bitshird

Thats real nice. Kinda reminds me of Cav's dress whites?
I may have to order some of those blanks.

Alex, can't you hear the Village People singing "IN THE NAVY" when ever you see a picture of Cav in his prettier in pink uniform :wink::wink::wink::wink: :biggrin:

Ed the blank looks close, I've seen several shades of pink on Awareness and Survivor objects, I'm not certain if there is an exact Pantone or CYMK to cover it.

snowman56

Nice pink pen, Ed! I was just wondering if you still have any diamond back rattler or cobra or other exotic snake skin blanks left????? I sure would like to have some!!!! Just wondering........you know????

rherrell

Ed, I would have picked you for a white sports coat and a pink carnation!!

A white sport coat and a pink carnation
I'm all dressed up for the dance.
A white sport coat and a pink carnation,
I'm all alone in romance

My sister had it on a 45 and played it over & over & over & over.......:eek::wink:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Ed, we did a fundraiser a while back that was for breast cancer. I had maybe 25 pink pens in about 10 different shades and was told that any shade of pink was the right shade. Many people pointed out different shades as being the correct one. I'm not sure which shade is correct but it doesn't really seem to be much of an issue since we sold them in all shades.
The most popular pen by far was a Pink Panther Maple Burl Baron in Sterling that we raffled off. It even had one of Lou's nibs on it.

Last edited:

jttheclockman

The number one cancer for men is prostate cancer and is designated as a light blue. You see all the baseball teams wear the pink wristbands one day and then they wear the light blue wristbands for the men. There is all kinds of ribbons for all types of cancers as you probably know Lance Armstrong has the yellow for testicular cancer. But the light blue is probably the most well known.

Top Bottom