Surgery success/snakecast 30%

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

OKLAHOMAN

First pens turned after shoulder surgery last week.I spent the last few days casting and cast 3 cigar snakeskins and only 2 lower barrels came out so I had some deer horn and I think it looks good, also turned this Sierra and filled the viods with a mix of key fileings and verdi. All comments welcome good or bad

2006928224557_DSCF0041-1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood-of-1kind

Roy,
I like your Sierra version but your snake combo is [?][?] The rattler is more like an anaconda that is still swallowing it's prey ( a bit bloated at the bottom).

-Peter-

OKLAHOMAN

Originally posted by wood-of-1kind
<br />Roy,
I like your Sierra version but your snake combo is [?][?] The rattler is more like an anaconda that is still swallowing it's prey ( a bit bloated at the bottom).

-Peter-
Peter&lt; I agree its a bad habit that I turn my cigar pens fat and I need to break that habit, I like a big pen and I guess I made it for myself. Thanks for your honest reply

its_virgil

Roy,
Glad you are on the mend. Don't ya hate it when you cast and catch nothing...er, I mean when some of the fish are not useable, er I mean when half of the blanks are trash. Happened to me this weekk...all 10 barrels are junk...but I know what happened.

The pens look great as usual....keep it going.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Originally posted by OKLAHOMAN
<br />First pens turned after shoulder surgery last week.I spent the last few days casting and cast 3 cigar snakeskins and only 2 lower barrels came out so I had some deer horn and I think it looks good, also turned this Sierra and filled the viods with a mix of key fileings and verdi. All comments welcome good or bad

2006928224557_DSCF0041-1.jpg
<br />

johncrane

G'Day Roy great looking pens mate l like your cigar combo and the verdigis fill looks great on the Sierra.Roy l found a shop that sells verdigris this week will try it with redgum soon thanks for the tip mate.[:D]

Skye

Casting snake skin is a lesson in patience.

That lower barrel is pretty honkin big, but good looking cast none the less. I'm liking the filled voids too, wich I normaly dont.

OKLAHOMAN

Angela, Key filings are just that, filings from the machine that cuts keys, just go to your local key shop and they will give you the filings and verdigris is and impossing powder found at hobby lobby cost $2.99, I just mix with 5 min. epoxy and apply.
Originally posted by angboy
<br />OK, what are the things you used to fill? Key filings? Verdigris? Looks great, I just don't know what they are!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom