Superman Returns!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Buzzzz4

Buzzzz4

Thanks to a generous friend, he let me raid his comic book collection to make this pencil. Clippings from the comic book were laid onto the barrel and cast. This pencil is going to a local comic book artist.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• PB250341.jpg
    PB250341.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 597
  • PB250343.jpg
    PB250343.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 412
  • PB250344.jpg
    PB250344.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 419
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

Thanks to a generous friend, he let me raid his comic book collection to make this pencil. Clippings from the comic book were laid onto the barrel and cast. This pencil is going to a local comic book artist.

Thanks for looking!

Eric; Those would do very well at a comic book convention!

You could offer to do the person's favorite hero (or villain)

My personal favorite is "Dr Strange"!!!:bananen_smilies051:

Last edited:

JohnU

I love it Eric! I spent some time last year providing security for some of the filming of the new superman movie coming out. The set director liked my pens but would have LOVED this. Great work!

SDB777

Did you turn a piece of scrape wood to lay the comic on before casting? Or does this kit use a really BIG tube(I haven't turned a artist pencil yet)??

Great thinking for this casting! You done extra good here(expect a few people to follow your trail here):wink:

Scott (don't cut up a collector book though:eek:) B

Buzzzz4

Thanks! I did have a bit of blank under it to give some more width and surface area. It is a nice big barrel to allow for this much decor. I looked up the book prior to cutting. No worries...

OOPS

This is a phenominal idea! And I love how it turned out. I can see these selling like crazy at a comic convention, or placing them at the local comic book stores for sale. After all, the comic book crowd will spend upwards of $100 for a doll, ahem, "action figure." You've really hit upon something terrific here and this one is worth exploiting.

MartinPens

I will add my WOW to the mix. My son just participated in a Zine Fest and these would have gone like hot cakes. I bet we are going to see a lot more of these.

Jjartwood

That's out of this world!!
Love the look,very clean and presents well,nice job.
( there may be a run on Superman comics in my neighborhood,just saying )
Mark

BradG

Eric
It looks fantastic and im sure he will cherish it :wink: Everyone loves a personal touch on their pen

Though a word of caution to those thinking they would go down a storm at conventions etc, surely this would be stepping on the grounds of copyright enfringement if you would be profiting as a direct result of using the artwork?

Sure sticking a super hero onto the side of the pen would be as bad as putting a BMW finial on it? Could be wrong :) just have alarm bells ringing in my head.

Eric obviously isnt going to have any form of issue supplying one pen to a local person to him, Though incase anyone was considering making 40 for sale, may want to reconsider..

Haynie

What brad said is true. The comic corporations protect their stuff as vehemently as the NFL and Disney.

That being said I like the pencil.

This is awesome. Definitely need more information about how to do this. I was at a craft show yesterday and was talking to an artist, and we talked about getting his art into a pen just like this, but I have no idea how to do it. Can you give me some tips?

Buzzzz4

Thank for the kind comments. I hope the recipient is blown away by it.

For those who have asked how this is done, I personally don't create or use tutorials. Nothing against them, they are just not for me. I'm willing to give assistance as needed. When casting or putting a finish over paper, stamps or any image, the most important thing is to make sure it is sealed in well with a glue like modpodge.

Thanks again!

Top Bottom