Superman colors?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

402416_263823827011023_100001502242963_713177_267856477_n.jpg

After the last one I did similar to this one kept getting Spider-Man comments, I was asked if I could make Superman colors happen. This is what I got, I HAD a better blank, but when pressing the nib in, it turned sideways and blew the end to crap. I did learn that if you throw finished PR barrels on the concrete floor with sufficient force, it cleans the tubes off instantly. Just have to remove some stubborn glue and straighten the tubes back out. And, I did re-use one of those tunes. I'm curious as to whether or not I got it right, I'm kinda invested in it now and not looking at it objectively.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyBal

That looks great. I have been meaning to try adding grooves, but never really thought of where to put them. That looks pretty good. I guess it will also help with gripping while writing. Well done. :good:

sbell111

After the last one I did similar to this one kept getting Spider-Man comments, I was asked if I could make Superman colors happen. This is what I got, I HAD a better blank, but when pressing the nib in, it turned sideways and blew the end to crap. I did learn that if you throw finished PR barrels on the concrete floor with sufficient force, it cleans the tubes off instantly. Just have to remove some stubborn glue and straighten the tubes back out. And, I did re-use one of those tunes. I'm curious as to whether or not I got it right, I'm kinda invested in it now and not looking at it objectively.

Nice blank, but not really 'Superman' colors. Superman's current uniform uses a red that has maybe a touch of orange and a blue that is on the light side.
superman-number-1.jpg

Drstrangefart

Nice blank, but not really 'Superman' colors. Superman's current uniform uses a red that has maybe a touch of orange and a blue that is on the light side.
superman-number-1.jpg

That was my line of thought. The blank that failed on assembly was a good match. At least it's still a pen I'm happy to show. It's not just me thinking the colors REALLY need to be lighter to make that light bulb go off in your head without prompting.

Drstrangefart

That looks great. I have been meaning to try adding grooves, but never really thought of where to put them. That looks pretty good. I guess it will also help with gripping while writing. Well done. :good:

The grooves are really more aesthetic than anything. You CAN distinctly feel them when writing, but I couldn't tell you if it improves grip.

Top Bottom