Sunshine Point

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from workinforwood

workinforwood

This is a true "Happy Pen" :biggrin:

Actually though..this pen is a mishap. The bit wandered back a bit. Thing about segmentation is that the outcome will be different every mm or less from where you drill it, so two identical blanks can have completely different outcomes. Anyhow, because it drilled back a hair, the rays of the sun became a goatee. Of course, my sense of humor kicks in and says happy Japanese sunshine! So out came the woodburner. I am much happier with the results than had the bit gone where it was supposed to. Now the pen truly has my personality. The rays of the sun do not wrap the back either, just like they shouldn't. The sun is Satinwood, the rays are walnut.
The pen..a 15 piece pentarsia lighthouse on a hill with brass light holes. A 2 piece sailboat on the back sailing on a piece of buckeye burl. On 3 sides of the pen, a total of 5 seagulls cut and then poured with inlace. The main body of the pen is BEB.
My photo's came out pretty nice too, it's a perfect day outside, a high cloud ceiling of white clouds. Guess it's all my lucky day. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• spsample1.jpg
    spsample1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 295
  • spsample2.jpg
    spsample2.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 183
  • spsample3.jpg
    spsample3.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 197
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

That's a fun looking pen Jeff, Great segmentation as usual, Ah yes A boy and his scroll saw, the stuff happy days are made of :biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom